Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

do you feel the need to ride armed? be honest [no locations]

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 05:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boy that last one made me think....i carry an FBI concealed weapons permit , but i understand a lot of citizens cant get them, because of state laws, particularly in the east, where guns kill people on their own.
In the great midwest where people are responsible for their actions, as in the northwest as well, with proper training and tattooing one can carry a weapon concealed on a quad. I feel safer, especially during rifle season {hunting} when they have the 'wet bar' checkoff. seems liquor and bullets are the priorities on those weekends..... scary!
i myself carry a ruger p80 .45 in a shoulder holster. what does everyone else carry? just for fun..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2002, 05:39 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I have a concealed carry permit but have never thought about riding with a gun. I'm usually in populated areas and feel safe. However running around in the middle of central Oregon with a couple of quads in my truck at night I feel better with a loaded rifle. I stopped at a store one time and had these guys hanging all over our quads. They seemed alittle too interested in what they were worth. After I got about ten miles down the road I got to thinking about how easy it would be to call ahead and setup a road block.
I'm not picking on central Oregon, but the place is desolate, the roads can go for miles with no turnoffs and there seem to be alot of people with little to no income.

Old 09-13-2002, 05:44 AM
Pro Rider

.. must have been near prineville, eh? sounds like a wise move to just slide down the highway..
how many teeth in the entire group?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2002, 06:00 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Close, Christmas Valley and three I think[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2002, 06:02 AM
Pro Rider

yo! you dont STOP anywhere near there dude....
"bing bing bing bing bing bing bing" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
"squealll!"

Old 09-13-2002, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

The Mark Twain Forest that I ride in has been invaded by the crud and their meth cooking equipment. There has also always been people growing weed along with the occasional still so I make it a habit to carry a .357 Mag in a shoulder holster whenever I ride. Not to mention the native bears but they aren't the problem or the threat.

Old 09-13-2002, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

i like the east comment heheheh
they sure do think guns kill people over here. no one ever pulls the trigger here hehehe

Old 09-13-2002, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realize that riding areas are sometimes hard to come by,but to be completely honest,if the only way I could ride and feel safe was to ride with a gun,I would stop going there,find another spot,or work with local authorities to make it safe to travel there again. NOTHING,not even riding,is worth the possible loss of life or serious injury carrying a gun can lead to.No, I am not anti-gun,I am an avid target shooter,hunter,bowhunter,own lots of guns,and love to ride my wheeler,but with a son along,guns play no part of that. He is going to gun safety courses now so he can hunt with me this weekend for archery opener,so I hope I pass along the love of the outdoors to him.He also lives to ride,and makes me proud with his skill and safe habits.
I know I've gone off topic,but it was just an explanation of my answer,I could never put my son in danger,just to feel safer riding somewhere.If there is no where else to ride,I am sorry,I wish I could help you set up or maintain other areas,here in Minnesota,we have problems keeping riding areas open,but I have never seen the need for a gun. Bears?,yes,but they run when they hear a 4 wheeler,and couldn't catch me anyway!! If you have drug dealers and thugs using the public forest and trails for illegal purposes,get your whole atv club together,hold public meetings, get the cops involved,show the community you care about the law and preserving the safety of all who use the forests and trails,not just for atv's. You may even win over a few supporters if they see you care about the same things they do.
Hope no one got bored reading this,just had to put in my feelings on this.

Old 09-13-2002, 10:51 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Riding armed is a fact of life here. You need a gun that is durable and will not fail you. The 357 revolver is a good choice.

Chet
VP KNOWSALOT FACILITY

Old 09-13-2002, 11:14 AM
Range Rover

I either take my S&W model 2206 or my Taurus 357, there is a lot of wild dogs and coyote around. My friend and I was chased by a bunch of wild dogs. THat time I didn't have my gun on me so I had to defend myself with my 500 lbs of Polaris steel. The dog fight the quad and the quad won.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: do you feel the need to ride armed? be honest [no locations]