Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

EEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNOOOUUUUUUGHHH !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My other ride which is a 2001 HO cummins has been nothing but great. I have several buddies that run the **** out of them with no problem.... Don't forget,, the strokes and the max's have two extra cylinders and eat a hell of alot more fuel(in stock form). My Cummins gets near 20mpg on the road,where my brother in laws 5sp stroke gets 14,,if he is lucky. The Chevy is nothing more than a joke,,to all us Diesel Guys. Take the Cummins,,turn a little more fuel to it (which Cummins will do for FREE) and send the PowerJOKES and the DURACRAX packing!!!!

Old 09-17-2002, 07:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

navistar is going to make a smaller diesel, like 6.3L or something that will have 325+ hp and more torque than the old one too. they will start in the 04 trucks

Old 09-17-2002, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

<< THESE EVENTS SHALL HAPPEN BEFORE A 450EX ARRIVES....
1-THE SECOND COMMING OF CHRIST
2-A BLUE MOON,
3-AFTER THE COWS COME HOME,
4-WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER
5-THE FAT LADY SINGS
6-OVER SOMEONES DEAD BODY
7-DODGE MAKES A RELIABLE CAR

AND PLEASE REMEMBER THAT&quot;IT'S BEST TO REMAIN SILENT AND SEEM A FOOL THAN TO SPEAK AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT!&quot;
>>

I thought they were pretty good until I read the last one, but mine is a Plymouth and a jeep.
Still funny though.

Old 09-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, Dodge just fell to an all time low. This was the last study:

&quot;Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota top the list of car brands consumers will consider next time they buy according to a new study by Tustin, California-based motor industry researcher AutoPacific.

The measure of future consideration impacts the marketing and positioning of each car and truck brand sold in the United States.

Strong consideration can result from long histories and high market penetration (Ford, Chevrolet), great quality and strengthening sales (Toyota, Honda), and aspiration (BMW, Lexus). onsideration differs among different age categories and between different regions of the country.

For each brand, there is a specific and detailed story that can help predict future health for the brand in the US.

Rounding out the top 10 after Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota are Honda, GMC, Dodge, BMW, Lexus, Acura and Nissan. Four of the top five brands have a very strong lineup of trucks.

GMC, a truck-only brand selling Professional Grade trucks is fifth confirming the future strength of trucks in the makeup of the United States vehicle market.&quot;

And Dodge sells cars and trucks and was still behind GMC......sad!

Old 09-18-2002, 07:07 PM
Range Rover

I am a hard-core Chevy/GMC fan, and I have seen/heard plenty about Dodge's past engine and tranny shortcomings, but things are changing. Their tranny's are now made in co-op with Mercedes(problem solved I believe) and the Hemi is back in a 5.7L that kicks out 345hp(I know nobody doubts the new Hemi, but the old motors are gone so using them in this arguement is useless. Stick with what we have currently). Chevy's 8.1L only puts out 340hp with a bit more torque. By my math Chevy used 2.3 extra liters to make 5 less hp and 90ft-lbs more torque. Not that great if you ask me. The old Dodge is dead and is being replaced by a forward thinking company. Dodge has stepped up to the plate(it took a while but they did it in a big way). It's Chevy's turn to play a little catch-up. Until they do all I can do is wait.

Old 09-18-2002, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer

Well Said [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2002, 04:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

<< I am a hard-core Chevy/GMC fan, and I have seen/heard plenty about Dodge's past engine and tranny shortcomings, but things are changing. Their tranny's are now made in co-op with Mercedes(problem solved I believe) and the Hemi is back in a 5.7L that kicks out 345hp(I know nobody doubts the new Hemi, but the old motors are gone so using them in this arguement is useless. Stick with what we have currently). Chevy's 8.1L only puts out 340hp with a bit more torque. By my math Chevy used 2.3 extra liters to make 5 less hp and 90ft-lbs more torque. Not that great if you ask me. The old Dodge is dead and is being replaced by a forward thinking company. Dodge has stepped up to the plate(it took a while but they did it in a big way). It's Chevy's turn to play a little catch-up. Until they do all I can do is wait. >>

My 5.7L LS1 Z28 put 351hp TO THE GROUND. (doing the math and it comes to about 400hp). Nothing but headers, air box/K&amp;N, cutout on the exhaust. So lets compair apples to apples here! 5.7L LS6 (ZO6 Vette) is rated @ 405hp. And several completly stock ZO6's put 360 to the ground. So DOGde[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hasn't shown me a thing! Hemi's were and always will be over rated. K I'm finished[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2002, 06:19 AM
Pro Rider

WOW... that sure is an awfully big gain in HP for just intake/exhaust [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Have the chart to prove your HP/TRQ?

Now, as far as HP is concerned... All the big boys are behind.
The Vipers new 8.3 litre motor only manages about 60 HP per litre.
The Z06 pumps about 71 HP per litre of motor.

The little Honda S2000 kicks an amazing 120 HP per litre out of its 2.0 VTEC motor.
My Honda CBR puts out an unbelievable 183 HP per litre out its little 600CC inline 4.
(saying the motor delivers 110HP, or about 95 to the rear tire. Its stock save for the Yoshi
slip on)

A 25 RWHP 400EX only delivers 62.5 HP/litre.
A 30 HP Raptor? only about 45 HP/litre.

And to think.... My CBR has 60 CC's less displacement than a Raptor (although spread over 4 cylinders with a ~45MM stroke) and is capable of a very low 11 second 1/4 mile @ 125 MPH give or take.

Just rambling......

Old 09-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Range Rover

The LS1 engine is really helped out by the addition of aftermarket intake system and a complete exhaust. A neighbor had one and changed those item and a few other mods and it was like driving a totally different car.

As far as the S2000 is concerned I have seen 2 of these run at a local dragstrip. All I got to say is that I think these factory hp ratings from the factory are a little stretched or the gearing on these really sucked. Both of these cars barely ran in the high 15's second range. When I got a chance to line up against the silver one, and beat it, the guy come up to me and asked how much nitrous I had on my little Plymouth. I told him none, then asked why his car was running only in the high 15's, he said it was too hot and humid that day and it was not hooking up.

Besides it is not how much power they have, it is how it is put to the ground.(gearing, tires, suspension, etc...

Old 09-19-2002, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

The so called Ram SRT-10 is not a new one that will be introduced into production. It was more of a show truck. But lets says hell frezzes over and they actually start making it, It would cost twice as much as a ford lighting. Also it would probably just be slower than a lighting anyway ,

Ford lighting has almost 400hp.
Ram truck with viper engine would be around 450.

But i rather take a chevy xtreme and do to them what they were made for and drop a vette engine in it. many mags and a custom truck shop where I live have done this.