Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

EEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNOOOUUUUUUGHHH !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< I agree that hemi's are overrated, but given the chance to own a 1971 426 4 speed convertible hemicuda(only 3 made), I would gladly dish out a quarter of a million G's to park it in my garage. Anybody seen one?? Sorry, I am just rambling! >>

Factually, there were a total of 24 made between '70 and '71. 13 one year and 11 the next. The Nash Bridges car is a clone of the last one ever built. Canary yellow with white interior and a white rag top. No flame intended, just setting the facts straight.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oops Sorry I just reread that post, you said 4sp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2002, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< there was the banshee and warrior before the 400ex, and not to mention all the other ones, if 400exs was still selling good the price wouldnt have dropped 1,000 like it did, for the simple fact that no smart person is going to pay the same price for a quad that is probably the slowest in the bunch/Air cooled and doesnt have reverse. are they making a new quad? of course they are, but no one knows when and what it will be so get over it, >>

Bandit390,

On one hand you are right dead on what I had to say. Yet, on the other you've missed my point entirely. Sure there were sport quads before the 400EX. But, you give prime examples of what I'm talking about. Banshee &amp; Warrior, both age old designs that have remained vertually unchanged for years! There are plenty of others too. The Blaster, Mojave, 300EX and even a lot of utility quads.

Why unchanged? There all fine quads. They all sell and all appeal to different buyers. Also, the profit margin is much better for the company if they are unchanged.

The point is when Honda started on the 400EX they of course did market studies and saw there was then a market for something like it. So they built and released it. Then after seeing there was a market for new higher performance sport quads, everyone jumped on the bandwagon. They all set out to out do the 400EX. Like I said, they all want a piece of the pie! And so, we have all these choices now.

So, now sportquads a back with force! Now here's where you're dead on! Sure they are working on something new. They would be foolish not too. All companies know sooner or later they will see declining sales on their products. The they have to come out with something new to catch peoples attention and stay competetive in the marketplace.

Now, will they spend money to produce this new one while sales are still booming? Of course not! If they did they would be competing against there own product in a sense and hurt the sales of a quad that is already in production and stockpiled so to speak.

They want to wait until they start to see a decline in sales, slow production on current models to meet new demands and sell down that stockpile some first. Then they can release a new model and not have problems.

Now the next portion of this is....
Will this quad be a minor upgrade to replace the 400EX all together? Like the 300EX replacing the 250X in production. Or will Honda wait to see if there is a large enough market for a 650cc, and keep the 400EX in the lineup? Reguardless of rather its an upgrade to catch up with the times or a new quad altogether, Honda isn't going to make a move until the right time.

They will wait til people slow down on buying them and until there overstock is sold down. Now as for the reduction in price in your area, that's a good sign. But it's not something that's happened here yet. So, it will probably be a while yet before we see anything NEW.

Old 09-28-2002, 12:40 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fat lady has song, only 6 to go