Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Another Nail in Hondas Coffin

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Nail in Hondas Coffin

I agree with scootdog. There's nothing I like better than to see the ricer emerging from the smoke screen I left him in. And I've also got that problem of the mods exceeding the factory parts acceptance level with my truck. I am not brand loyal at all either but when Suzuki came out with the liquid cooling, reverse, and overhead cam package my Honda was sent down the river. The only thing I am brand loyal about is my choice of drag car and it will always be a Buick. 2 horsepower difference you say? Yeah whatever. If that's the case the pipe and filter changing is only giving the Honda's about 1 horsepower.

Old 10-10-2002, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

The Z still has better performace than a piped and jetted EX right out of the box, not to mention throwing in liquid cooling, reverse, ect., ect., for less money.

msrp on both bikes is 5699.

5699msrp + pipe + filter + jet kit = more than the stock Z.

Old 10-10-2002, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

Well from the way I see it, it's very unfortunate for the 400EX. Yes, it's a nice bike. However, with the new bikes coming out the depreciation for it is dropping rapidly. No matter how much money you put into it you will NEVER get it back. Of course, that pretty much goes for most makes, but a 3 month old 400EX is lucky to bring in $3800.
Yup, I have close to a grand in my 4 month old 400 and the local dealer said he could give me 4k and not a penny more due to having 5 2002 Used sitting out back. I have not even lost that much on my 99 Recon, Yikes! I plan on keeping the 400 after seeing what I could get on a trade and the fact that we are loosing riding ground quick in NH and it would be pointless to buy a NEW machine when there is nowhere to ride. I even contemplated downsizing but I'd get a new 250ex for the value of my trade and what I owe. Looks like i'll keep the 400 for Driveway riding LOL!!

Old 10-10-2002, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Well, at least you have a great quad, nonetheless! Fight hard to keep your spots open, that's all we can do now. Good luck!

Old 10-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Trailblazer

you should check out www.nhatv.com to see some of the problems we have over here. A mother and son wanted to open 800+ Acres of their property to anyone that is registered with the NH ATV club, but the town put a cease and decist order on any trail work. The State got involved in Saying that no town can put that kind of order on private property, It got so bad that the town actually hired camera blimps to monitor trail activity. Police reports all over NH have the same details for property destruction, its always some kid under 18 with a loud unregistered vehicle tearing up public/private property that is causing all of our areas to close down. Yeah I like to drive fast on my quad, but I'd never think of destroying public property and even getting an obnoxious pipe. I cant even count how many spots we have lost this year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2002, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Wow! I can't believe they can do that. It's private property. Kinda makes ya think just how free are we really. We are as free as they allow us to be.

Old 10-11-2002, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

The sad fact is, more and more riding is going to be on privately owned land in the years to come. Unless we, as riders, can turn the tide of land closures and public forest lock-up, the greenies will win. Unfortunately all it takes is one dip$hit riding where he shouldn't be to ruin it for countless others.

Old 10-11-2002, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

I agree Alaska! And, by what he stated can even ride on private land. Well, at least not an "organzied" place to ride.It's not looking good. Bunch of dipsh!its out there.

Old 10-14-2002, 04:49 PM
Trailblazer

The good thing is that I think the states are realizing how much revenue we give the state. NH has over 20,000 registered quads/dirt bikes times that by $56 a pop for in state registration and close to $80 out of state and you get over 1,100,000 bucks. and to think there are no redily accesable trails in NH without having to load the quads up and take a 2 hour trek. Then the tickets they hand out etc..... That would be like registering my car but not being allowed to ride on all major highways. I think the state likes getting that money