Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Hey all, question about Glamis, please help>>>

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey all, question about Glamis, please help>>>

The CA laws applying to OHV is this in question......

3. Off highway vehicles that do not have a valid registration or permit from the owners home state (incl. Mexico and Canada) will be required to purchase a California nonresident permit (sticker) through selected vendors in CA, NV, AZ (view vendor list). Permits may also be purchased from CA Dept. of Parks and Recreation 916 324-4442. (38020 C.V.C.)

Hey all i will be making my first trip to glamis in a couple weeks and i was reading the Imperial dunes rules and regs, talking about the "out of state" vehicle sticker for bikes like mine that dont have a state regestration tag sticker, having to buy one from one of thier vendors, anyway im only passin through, will be riding there one night and the next day, do i need to buy one of those stickers?? Who's out there checkin for them? what are they goinng to do if i dont have one?? anybody no anything about this.
thanks
alot
Rob.

Old 11-13-2002, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't bother. Nobody is going to check, unless you are involved on an accident or something. If you do get checked, just play dumb. Try not to go on a weekend. Have fun!!

Old 11-13-2002, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

In years I never had any ranger question me, but last season my registration was checked on both trips by rangers. Enforcement is up in Glamis it might be worth the money to save the hastle.

BRAAAP

Old 11-13-2002, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Besides, doesn''t the money help suppor the dunes (rangers I guess)?

Old 11-13-2002, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Also, is double riding, not allowed, and if not is that enforced??
Rob.

Old 11-20-2002, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jet lock I go to Glamis almost evry other weekend and you bet they will getchha for riding double on QUADS. thats a $500 dollar fine. Also, You MUST have a whip. Things have changed in GLamis drasticly over the years. The rangers are no longer just crusing around in their little vehicles. they have raced out banshees and long travel buggies worth thousands of dollars to chatch those who like to run from the cops. About the registration thing.. depending on which day you are going is going to depend on how strict the rangers are going to be enforcing. These next few weeks are perhaps the LARGEST weekends. Their will be dui checkpoints and comp hill will be closed to all registerd vehicles perhaps even have a curfew out there. (thanksgiving weekend).
So it's all really up to you. They are enforcing and you may get away with it and you may not.

Old 11-20-2002, 08:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh yeah, they check for registration at the check points. I was out there for halloween and they stoped and checked everything!! Some more than others.

Old 11-20-2002, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks alot guys for the info. This really is retarded, TX doent have ATV regestration and i want to visit glamis for one day and CA wants me to do all this, its BS, CA is not the center of the world, ill be going sunday or monday the week of Xmas, like the 22nd or something. will it be busy then? So many rules, up here in the TX dunes people arent so friendly towards laws regulating everything, thank god im from TX.
thanks again for the advice guys
what an asspain.
Rob.

Old 11-20-2002, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Come on up to Little Sahara here in Oklahoma, we're not near as **** with all the registrations, dui checkpoints, closing sections of the dunes, etc!!

Old 11-21-2002, 03:41 AM
Pro Rider

If you go the Little Sahara you will not experience the 200,000 riders at Glamis on Thanksgiving weekend.
The DUI checkpoint is nessassary. (sp?) Comp hill on a big weekend night is such a huge party, you wont believe it.

The bottom line, there is no place like Glamis on a big weekend.

-Matt

ps. Glamis is so huge, you will not notice any closures. I promise.

Quick Reply: Hey all, question about Glamis, please help>>>