Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

what would be HONDA's formula for success???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would be HONDA's formula for success???

Knowsalot, I agree - let's hope all that dirtbike technology makes it's way into the ATVs. Honda would really have something to brag abou then. Honda also, really should think about making a larger size/displacement sport ATV for those non-MXers and big guys.

Muddy4life, I can understand that it's nice to have confidence in your machine.... I feel the same way about both of my Yamahas... I would take my Banshee cross-country if I had to... It has a rough life sand duning and it is as strong and solid as the day I bought it new. I take this to the very end of the dunes and back and never even give a thought to it breaking down. Same with my Warrior although it doesn't get ridden much anymore.

To each, his own I guess....

Old 11-25-2002, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

I'm into Utility ATV's more than sport ATV's, and will continue to buy Honda for its rock solid reliability. I'd rather have an atv that will get me home all the time, rather than one that will get me there faster, most of the time!!

Old 11-25-2002, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

oh oh i know,how bout an air cooled 400 cc engine with no reverse and uses a similar frame to the 250r.
yeah,yeah,

Old 11-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, terd.....

Anyway, everybody is different and some prefer the (perceived???) high reliability factor and some prefer features and performance..... Personally I would buy a Z400 over a 400ex or a Prarie 650 over a Rincon but that's just me.... Others have their personal preferences.....

PSST...... I still think Yamaha rules though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2002, 07:57 PM
Range Rover

It’s nice to have a “Honda” choice in the IRS quad market.
Too bad it doesn't have true 4X4, disc brakes, a CVT, and a competitive price!

Old 11-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer

hey terd .. u wanna race my 400ex will bitch slap ur z all over the place then roll it up and smoke it like grass

happy trails,
Shwo

Old 11-26-2002, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer

Honda has a formula for success and it works for them very well, its' called reliability, as some others have stated. I would dearly love to buy a Rincon over the Kawi and Yamaha for just that reason. No belt and IRS. However, here in Canada some dealers are saying 12,000 plus tax, which is almost 2500 more than a Grizz. Now, that's expensive. Is it worth it, good question. Will I keep it for the rest of my life or will I want to sell it in a couple of years? How many problems will I have with it? Will it get me where I want to go in relative comfort? How fast? Reality, a couple miles an hour means nothing. I know Honda took their time engineering it so it will do exactly what they wanted it to do? Drum brakes, I have two Honda's with drums and 10, 000 kliks between the two, no problem. Diff lock, now that would be nice, but I currently go everywhere with a 300 4x4 that everyone else does, sometimes faster because I ride smarter. Do i get pulled out, yes and do I sometimes pull others out, yes. Do most ride like stoneboats, yes. Do I have a blast, of course. You can drive a Honda hard all day, day after day, drive into the middle of nowhere and get back because it is Reliable. That is why Forestry, Tree planters, Trappers and Oilfield buy Hondas, they are reliable. Down time means lost revenue. Yes, that's the Honda formula and all others have yet to catch up at least in that aspect. Don't forget the technology, no others are even close. I hate to say it because they peeve me off too, but it's true, Honda's are at the top of the ladder.
No matter what you ride, enjoy. Good quading.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2002, 02:14 AM
Range Rover

but who wants a reliable machine that gets smoked by everyone else?
the answer to the original question is a new 250R, plain and simple. Aluminum chassis with a CR250 engine in it. but we all know that will never happen.
i'm tired of honda putting weak engines in great, reliable chassis. the 450 CRF engine would be nice, but they would probably detune it to Z-400 levels. Honda does make a living off of their reliability record, and good for them. But how about giving us some real engines. they have them, we see it in the dirtbike world.
i'm still curious about that 700cc 2 stroke mentioned in another post. it's time for the manufacturers to get radical with quads like they do bikes.
350lbs, 50hp. that's the key to the crown.

Old 11-26-2002, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer

it is said that honda with be building an aluminum race frame with the cr 450 in it , of coarse the motor will have to loose 10 cc's in order to race because honda plans on making this their best mx bike ever, hats off to honda

Old 11-26-2002, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: redrider101
it is said that honda with be building an aluminum race frame with the cr 450 in it , of coarse the motor will have to loose 10 cc's in order to race because honda plans on making this their best mx bike ever, hats off to honda

redrider... Keep yopur hat on for now. It hasn't hapenned yet.

BTW, you guys REALLY, REALLY put a LOT of stock in reliability don't you. I have looked and could never find reports of ATV reliability (Honda car reliability is available). If anybody has stats it would be interesting to see.

Quick Reply: what would be HONDA's formula for success???