Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

what would be HONDA's formula for success???

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would be HONDA's formula for success???

My hat ain't goin nowhere, yet.
Do you really think they're building an "MX" bike? The only company doing that currently is cannondale.

Old 11-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

i read in dirt wheels that honda is coming out with a cr 250 2(stroke) motor in 400ex frame no april fools makin them in hamond in. producing nearly 45 hp

Old 11-26-2002, 10:35 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I just woke up on that remark!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Chet

Old 11-27-2002, 04:10 AM
Range Rover

if you read what dirtwheels wrote again, you'll see that they didn't say honda is coming out with a CR250 two stroke. they said a company is putting those engines in frames and selling them.
that's wishful thinking to believe honda would actually do that.

Old 11-27-2002, 05:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

In the atv industry Honda's have seemed to be the most reliable companies out there. We strictly deal with 2-strokes that we drag race, but the single cylindered honda will always be more reliable then the twins. I know for a fact that we have gotten 106 horses out of our honda and it is reliable to the extent where we can make big weekends and have it stay together. I cant say that for many of the banshee's that we own. Thus, that is why honda has such a brand loyalty. Their stuff holds up in any aspect of the industry.

Old 11-27-2002, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer

The reason I bought a Rincon is purely brand loyalty. It might not have the most features for the money, however the only time I'll work on it is standard maintenance. Hondas generally last forever if they're taken care of. I wanted more sport than utility and the Rincon fit the bill. ( I hope so anyway, I haven't ridden it yet to find out.)

Old 11-27-2002, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

like i said , yall can make remarks about honda all day long, but when the dust settle's honda new cr quad , will fill your face with some more,lol

Old 11-28-2002, 01:17 AM
Trailblazer

You have a banshee and your talking about how outdated and bad the 400 is................... HahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahaha haHahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaha haha........... man! ok checking breath now. Banshees are great if you put money into them, 400s are great if you put money into them. Brand Loyalty, all i see under you sig is yamahas.... do i really need to say more. Ive ridden or ridden with just about everything made, built or stock. Im not impressed with anything stock thats out right now..... thats just me i guess. Let us not forget if it wasnt for honda building a new atv nobody else would of. I love my 400 just like you love your banshee so lets just not call each others quads names.

Old 11-28-2002, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

DaBeechMan: . I know for a fact that we have gotten 106 horses out of our honda and it is reliable to the extent where we can make big weekends and have it stay together.

DERN!!! What kind of a Honda do you have???

Old 11-28-2002, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

I just sorda skimmed through the replies here, but I'll give my $.02.

Why should Honda build something better? People won't let a 400EX sit in the showroom floor for longer than 3 weeks around here! Just today a guy showed up on an 03 EX that he just picked up yesterday. If you want them to build something better, show them. How? Watch where you spend what's in your back pocket.

Service Honda(Not Honda) is building the CR250 powered quad. They have almost NO relation to Honda, except that they have Honda parts and bikes. Service Honda is sorda like a huge dealership.

KNOWSALOT: Good to see you back around some. How often do people come in and buy 400EX's?

Honda is known as "reliable" because they play it safe. The 400EX motor is the lowest tech it could possibly be. The Raptor motor, on the other hand, isn't. How often do you hear of 400EX motors having problems, as opposed to Raptor's? Anything that is simple has a tendency to be more reliable than more cmoplex things. Make sense?

Quick Reply: what would be HONDA's formula for success???