Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

CT/Pro-X 310 or ESR 330

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 10:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT/Pro-X 310 or ESR 330

I would like to hear from somebody who has put on a CT/Pro-X 310 or a ESR bolt-on 330 kit. I've got a 88 Honda TRX250R and would like to put one of these on my atv. I want enough power to get the front up in first gear at a slow speed and still have a good top end. Which kit should I get.

Thanks

Old 11-30-2002, 02:56 AM
Range Rover

All the guys i know that have 250r's are still running stock jugs but if you check out the other message
board that is just for R owners you will here alot of good things about the ESR company.
I would like to have a 275 power valve but it ain't in the budget anytime soon. Look at my page and check out the guy coming off the line on the red R. He has a resleeved stock jug that is supposed to be a
300, he has great low end. I have seen the jug with the lid off though and the sleeve is Huge.
It has been pretty reliable though, he has done alot of trail riding and drag racing. I have seen some of CT's porting work..... and the I know guys that have done better jobs in their garage with a dremel.
It was probably done in all the right places but it looked crappy.
As much as they want to port it should look finished, i would expect the cast flaws to be cleaned up for the money. But i should also say I have heard that Alan ( the owner of CT ) will stand behind his stuff, both companies have been around a long time. ESR just wasn't on the quad scene till recently. I would go ESR over CT myself just because of the attention to detail I have heard about.

Old 11-30-2002, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

i've heard alot of good things about esr and alot of bad things about ct. my friend just sent his motor off to esr for a complete rebuild.