Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Craziest wreck ever!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2000, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just witnessed the craziest wreck I have ever seen. I have seen several bad wrecks before but none that were this crazy or stupid. My friend was jumping our double jump and once you jump it you go into the woods and turn around. There's a pond just right after the woods. My friend jumped the double somehow landed the quad STRAIGHT UP. Doing this bent the rear axle completely. By the way, this was on someone else's quad-NOT HIS! When it landed straight up he fell off the back, and the quad continued to roll through the woods and into the pond!! It then flipped upside down, floated out, and completely sunk. We had to go out and walk in the pond and get it when it was 45 degrees outside and the water was freezing. It took us a good 10 minutes in the water to drag it out. I just had to share this because it was the craziest (and probably funniest if I wasn't about to freeze to death) wreck ever! And then the owner of the pond tried to come out and tell us to never get in his pond again! Like we ment to! Well anyone else who has a crazy wreck post it too.

Old 04-05-2000, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer

my wreck was 3 weeks ago. i was jumping my 400ex and nose dived planting the front bumper into the ground, slamming the bike on top of me breaking my wrist, arm , and leg all on the same side. transported to local hospital and sent to childrens'.they did surgery on my wrist last thursday putting re-breaking it and put 2 pins in it.i'm in my casts for at least 6 more weeks!!!!

Old 04-05-2000, 10:21 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THIS WRECK WAS NOT ON A QUAD, BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD POST IT ANYWAY. PICTURE THIS,SECOND DAY OUT ON AN 89 CR 250 NICKNAMED "SATAN" BY PREVIOUS OWNER. I WAS RIDING AT A LOCAL SPOT (THAT HAS SINCE BEEN CLOSED) THE CONDITION WERE VERY DRY TO SAY THE LEAST. I STALLED COMING DOWN A HILL AND THE GUY I WAS RIDING WITH WENT ON AHEAD. I KICKED STARTED IT AGAIN AND TOOK OFF. A LITTLE HISTORY, I HAD PUT A NEW SET OF RENTHALS ON THE DAY BEFORE AND A NEW SET OF GRIPS, THE PLASTIC FOR THE TWIST THROTTLE WAS BROKEN OFF ABOUT AN INCH AT THE END SO THE GRIP WAS TOUCHING THE BARS. o.k. BACK TO THE STORY, I TAKE OFF HAULING THE MAIL OVER THE CREST OF THE HILL WHEN THE GRIP LOCKS THE THROTTLE WIDE OPEN, I GO CRASHING DOWN THE HILL, OFF THE TRAIL, FRONT WHEEL GETS SUCKED UP BY A DITCH AND I FLIP. (5) STITCHES IN CHIN DUE TO HANDLEBARS, DENT IN MY LEFT KNEE, DUE TO ROCK.
MORAL: NEVER EVER GO FLYING OVER A HILL WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IS ON THE OTHER SIDE,

AND NEVER GO OUT WITHOUT CHECKING YOUR EQUIPEMENT.

BRUCE "WOODRIDER400" HUMPHRIES

Old 04-05-2000, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer

racer ex, man i wish i could have seen that!! that sound hillarious,holy cow! to bad you didn't have a video camera that day.

Old 04-05-2000, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

The craziest wreck I have ever seen? Ok, let me try to explain it right. See, we ride a lot on private land that has been strip mined a while back, and there is this low water silt pond on it. The water usually only gets to be about 2-3 inches deep so it makes for an excellent place to play in the middle of summer. The only thing is right in the middle of it there is a deeper whole cut out to catch all the silt in, its probably about 10 feet wide, 20 feet long, and about 8 feet deep. There was a guy riding with us for the first time back there one day, and he was acting all stupid on his little 92 yz80, doing doughnuts and throwing rooster tails and stuff, then he took off through the middle of the pond. Everyone tried hollering at him to make him stop but I guess he couldn't hear. Next thing you know the guy and everything but the back fender of the bike dissapear. A couple seconds later the guys head pops out of the water and he is laughing his *** off along with the rest of us.

Old 04-05-2000, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer

Brandons250rs wreck sounds almost like mine.3 weeks ago I was at the dunes with some friends,jumped my 400ex the front end did a nose dive and it flip over and got me in the back,I broke 5 ribs in the the back about 1in. from my spine(felt like my back broke)puntured a lung,and broke my collar bone,but the good news is the 400 didnt even get a scratch on it(I guess I broke its fall).

Old 04-05-2000, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer

same here i broke my 400's fall!

Old 04-05-2000, 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was out riding with some friends on my XR100. And the area we ride on is old strip mines.

To make a long story short. We were in this field and there was a high wall at the end. One guy was on a Scrambler 500. He went flying down the field, he hit a hole and somehow flew of the side of the 4-wheeler. The 4-wheeler kept going straight, and right off the high wall, a good 70 feet right into a big rock. It just, blew apart!

Old 04-05-2000, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

You want to hear a crazy wreck? Check this out
about 3 years ago my buddy got a new Yamaha Yz 80
( all nice and shiny ) we were jumping some dunes and stuff at this place we call the "sand pit". anyway there is this hill there that is named
"The Paul Bunyon" because in order to make the jump saftly you have to jump a 30 foot tree, well my friend thought he was really cool so he tried this jump, he came up to the jump at the perfect speed but let up on the trottle a little to soon and the back end dropped a little to far and he caught the very tip of the tree, well the bike was hanging in the top of the tree like a christmas ornament and he fell 30 feet and hit the ground destroying his helmet and breaking his wrist arm and shattering his left knee cap. he now has the destroyed helmet hanging in his room.
I guess the moral of this story is to wear your helmet because it saved my buddys life

And ps: dont jump trees!!!!!

Old 04-06-2000, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

the craziest wreck I have ever saw I'm not going to tell U guy's due to the guy died and out of resect for him I don't want you guy's laughing at him. but my craziest wreck I was at st joe st park on my 2 week old 97 300ex I was flying down a straight and hit a berm going the opisite way like using as a jump. the qaud got about 10 feet of air but when the qaud landed it hit some whoops and started fliping end over end and eventally hit a large cedar tree. any ways I did 2200 in damage to0 the qaud and I"ll I have is little scar on my right elbow. luckily we had insurance on the qaud.

Quick Reply: Craziest wreck ever!!