Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX90 headlight

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 06:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX90 headlight

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought my kids a TRX-90 for Christmas and was wondering if there was a way to add a headlight to the trx-90? Beings that there is no battery, I wasn’t sure if you could get it to work like the old 3-wheelers. I also notice that National Motor make an identical quad or (ripe-off of the TRX-90) it has a battery and electric start. That being said, maybe someone knows how I could get my hands on the wiring diagram for the Nation Motor quad or if the TRX-90’s that is shipped to Canada, already has a Headlight? (Never Know…till u ask) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks in Advance,
Rydogg

Old 12-15-2002, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TRX90 headlight

The TRX 90 has no wiring for lights ,you will need to get the stator rewound for a light coil output to run a head and tail light. Ricky Stator makes a kit, and I'm sure several others offer one too. The wiring diagram for the other quad won't help you,they are totally different motor wise, and is a piece of junk compared to a Honda. Hope this helps you out.

Old 12-17-2002, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default TRX90 headlight

Thanks a lot 95Wolv,

I found it here www.rickystator.com
Just as you Suggested, but not sure if I want to pay THAT for headlights.
Also, I talked to them at Ricky stator and you need a special pulley to remove the stator from the flywheel then you replace with the new one. I also asked if you could run a brake/taillight with this system. He thought that with an 1157 type bulb it would be to close for comfort, but with a led type bulb you should be fine.

Thanks again for the quick response.
Merry Christmas, Ho Ho Ho and Don't be one! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rydogg

Old 01-02-2005, 10:43 AM
No Ruts, No Glory
Default TRX90 headlight

Just bought the Ricky Stator lighting coil for my son's TRX90...it works great for a small quad...it was easy to follow the directions, and I had the old one out and the new one in and lights installed within 75 minutes.

Cost was $120 including the ac adaptor and shipping

Old 01-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TRX90 headlight

We took a simple route to make the TRX more visable in the woods. Added a single front 30w light and a rear LED red light, stuck a battery in the storage compartment under the seat and hooked it all up through a fuse and a switch. Of course, the only way to charge it is to hook a charger up to it during down times, but it powers the lights for 4 to 5 hours.

Jaybee

Old 06-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Range Rover
Default TRX90 headlight

Don't want to revive an old thread... :-)

But has anyone heard of a light kit for the new 06 TRX90???

Thanks,

Hibrass

Old 06-25-2006, 01:52 PM
No Ruts, No Glory
Default TRX90 headlight

I would look up Ricky Stator, as I think if anyone would have it he would. Good luck

Trending Topics

Old 06-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX90 headlight

Originally posted by: Rydogg
Hello Everyone,

I recently bought my kids a TRX-90 for Christmas and was wondering if there was a way to add a headlight to the trx-90? Beings that there is no battery, I wasn’t sure if you could get it to work like the old 3-wheelers. I also notice that National Motor make an identical quad or (ripe-off of the TRX-90) it has a battery and electric start. That being said, maybe someone knows how I could get my hands on the wiring diagram for the Nation Motor quad or if the TRX-90’s that is shipped to Canada, already has a Headlight? (Never Know…till u ask) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks in Advance,
Rydogg
theres no battery wow learn something new everyday is it kick start???

Old 06-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX90 headlight

just duck tape a flashlight to the hood heck buy one of those shake kind and no batteries and never have the change the light bulb lol

Old 07-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default TRX90 headlight

rickystator.com has a full light kit for a trx 90. It comes with a new 90 watt rs stator to run two 35watt halogen lights they mount to a bracket wich mounts to the front bumper it has the wiring harness and ac voltage regulator. The bad thing is there on when ever the engine is running. I saw it a couple months back for about $100

Quick Reply: TRX90 headlight