Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

last night on the 10:00 news I saw the most stupid thing

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2000, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In that case, they need to stick it in their ear. As long as there are no deed restrictions on the land he owns then all they can do is complain.......

I agree, he should ride all he wants on his land.

Old 04-11-2000, 06:16 PM
Trailblazer

Lets all keep voting democrat and we will all end up with no atvs, no gun, no fun ,unless you call kissing trees a real past time

Old 04-11-2000, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Around here, a few people have been killed. All of them had beer or some sort of improper useage.

Now they are screaming to ban ATVs, Closed a few riding spots, cops are patrolling areas more often, and they have made harsher fines.

My town is full of older people 50-100. And they are all pretty calm about me riding through town. Other people ride around too. One of my friends has a modded out 400EX, and it is loud! they don't even say anything about it.

I have had the cops called on me before. This one dirt road i always rode on(even when i had my little 70 Dirt bike). Some MORON built a house on it. And i would go flying downt he road and stir up dust. He called the cops.

After the cops left my house i went and did the immature thing and did donuts in front of his house for 20 minutes in the middle of the night. Might of been stupid, but DAMN did i feel better.

Old 04-12-2000, 10:37 AM
Trailblazer

When people take this attitude of "Screw everyone else, this is MY right and I don't care how much it bothers YOU!", it is hardly a surprise that government is constantly trying to restrict where we can ride.

I think people sometimes forget that there is a difference between what is "legal" and what is "right".

Be considerate of other people.

How would you feel if your neighbor's favorite thing to do was to run a jackhammer on HIS property...just for fun? That would be incredibly annoying (almost as annoying as a noisy, dusty ATV), but hey....it's his property, who are you to complain?

Old 04-12-2000, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

I live in a 1,500,000 to 100,000,000 dollar income subdivision were we all drive Vipers and ride Laegers and Lonestars. Well maybe not.

Anyway I ride my quad around the block and in the unfinished part of our 'hood. I take it real easy by everyones houses. I havent had a complaint yet.

Oh yeah, there used to be a guy a few houses down with a 500 quadracer. He would be wide open up and down the street, and the police were called everytime he rode his. They gave him several "friendly" visits, he has since moved.

I dont ride in the 'hood when its real dusty. Thats asking for trouble. To protect our sport you must be considerate of others, now matter how much it ticks you off. Each situation is different and must be handled in such a way that our sport is not tarnished.

Old 04-12-2000, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

SUBDIVISION: (sub-di-vi'sion) N. 1. An institution were contractors build homes on top of each other and expect everyone to get along. 2. A place inhabited by many stay at home women who eventually know more about your business than you do. May be called neighbors, see SUBHUMAN for definition of neighbor.

Old 04-12-2000, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

People should be able to ride on their property whenever they wish, but use common sense. We don't need to ride for 3 hours straight in our yards. Half-hour here, hour there, it should fill the craving to ride, or just enough to satisfy us until we hit the trails.

Old 04-12-2000, 07:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

YEA i know all about this crap, i live out in the country and u cant ride fourwheelers on the road and to get to some of our freinds we have to ride a mile/half on the road, well anyways some of our freinds got caught and one is lookin at a $500 dollar fine. We arent hurting anyone but the *** POlice dont like it.

Old 04-12-2000, 08:05 PM
Range Rover

You should respect neighbor's, I can see someone getting upset if I was in town tearing around on my 330R which is fairly loud or soon to be running YZ400 quad (Which will be very loud with a race pipe). So that's when you load it up and take to a track or trail where are allowed to ride. Now if a person is being hypocritical (However that's spelled), like a person who is always riding their loud Harley, then blowing a gasket if you go out and putt down the street on a dirt bike or quad thats not half as loud, then there's definitly something wrong...

I quess I've been lucky, I've always lived in the country where my neighbors don't mind me riding. Several actually come to races to watch once-in-awhile, and a couple neighbors are cops, and they never say anything. They actually like watching me ride, especially when I'm jumping over the roads, they get a kick out of it and comment on how crazy they think I am.

All I can say is it depends on where you live, and I am hoping to always live in the country so I can avoid as many of those problems as possible anyway. I currently live in an appartment in town while on co-op for a company, and I don't like it one bit, because I've always lived in the country. Yes I have ridden my quad down the streets in a nice part of town a few times and no one has complained, probably because I don't go 100mph and do donuts down the middle of the street...

Old 04-12-2000, 08:44 PM
Trailblazer

I take it then b(250rman) that you really still believe that you actually OWN your land?, let alone think this is still the land of the free and the brave?
The liberial land grabbers don't believe in private property ownership, you don't own anything! you just rent it from the government.

A vote for anyone other than Bush is a vote for Gore and he wants your freedom!

Sorry folks about getting upset but these people who want to take our land use away don't like the idea of you making choices for yourself and if you don't start writing letters and getting involved before YOU can do anything they will close YOUR fav riding spot!
Their starting again to do it here again, screaming
"Close Moab, Your killing the wild green headed dirt weavel!!!"

If you will not fight for your freedom who will????

Quick Reply: last night on the 10:00 news I saw the most stupid thing