Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

rincon or prairie 650?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rincon or prairie 650?

O.K. i guess some of us are a little immature! Don't ruin a good thread Dash, just leave or say something intelligent.

Old 01-23-2003, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

I've read the threads on both the kaw & honda sites about this topic. Having a front looker is not life and death, but once you have used it when you really need it you will never want to be with out it again.

Other factor you should conceder is who you ride with. My brother has an AC with IRS and I will confese there has been a few times where I had get a little run to get over things that he had no problem with. But at the same time some friends I ride Have H250R, banchee, and 250S and going around a corner at high speeds is safer with the p650 then the IRS AC.

Rincon, brand loyity is good. I have friends who own nothing but Hondas and some of there old atc's run good as new. BUT!!! when you base your opion on just one feature, that is having blinders on to a product that does have it's bug, but even in my honda friend admit is a superoir machine

Old 01-23-2003, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

DRG, go ride them both, but not in the parking lot. You gotta get both of these machines in the terrain you are going to be riding in to really know which one suits you best.

The engine braking on the Kawie is awesome. You can come down some seriously nasty grades and never touch your brakes.

The diff lock is very simple to use and works extremely well. On the Honda side, I have quite a few friends that have Rubicons. When one front wheel starts spinning, the other one kicks in right pronto. It is a nice front diff system.

I haven't had the opportunity to ride a Rincon yet (they don't have them in my area yet) but I would like to take one for a tear. I have ridden my buddy's Grizz and love the smooth ride, but hate how much it vibrates. There are pros and cons to every machine. Whichever one you get, you will be happy with it.

Rincon, jeez, give it a rest.

Old 01-23-2003, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

When one front wheel starts spinning, the other one kicks in right pronto. It is a nice front diff system.
I was just about to mention that.

Rincon, jeez, give it a rest.
so you're alowed to voice your opinion, but not others? What are you some sort of VIP?

Here are the area's the Rincon is better-Handling, it has an amazingly agile sporty feel, it loves aggressive riding. It has the most functional, comfortable position for the rider. It is also very nimble, with crisp cornering. Right out of the mags "We found it reassuringly steady on off chamber terrain too."
For active aggressive riding where you're standing,sitting, and moving around on the machine to shift your weight, the honda has the best feel. Also the engine tranny combo is a lot narrower than a belt driven quad.

Now the p650 has it's advantages too (locker, power, gas tank size) but i think that the IRS in rough terrain would be the deciding factor in which quad to buy. Don't get all offended by this if you own a p650, IT'S JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RINCON
O.K. i guess some of us are a little immature! Don't ruin a good thread Dash, just leave or say something intelligent.
Some of us don't prctice what we preach, do we. RINCON - you are a piece of work. This guy doesn't even own a Rincon. I thought they were pretty decent bikes until this idiot started promoting them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

The Kawi has one other advantage that most of you seem to neglect. On my experiances, Riding with a Grizz, sp700, p650, and Rincon, the p650 was the most economical bike at the tank. The Honda and the Polaris were about even and the Yamaha and Kawasaki were both a little cheaper!

Old 01-24-2003, 03:38 PM
DRG
Weekend Warrior

irode the 650 last night my final decision is on the kawasaki page thanks for your help drg

Old 01-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, the one inour group was very good on gas, but his wife was driving it, so she might have been easier than some on the throtle. But it's still good on gas!

Some of us don't prctice what we preach, do we. RINCON - you are a piece of work. This guy doesn't even own a Rincon. I thought they were pretty decent bikes until this idiot started promoting them.
No, and i don't think i ever will!! Just don't like the darn thing! I think i'll get a p650 tomorrow, you guys convinced, POWER IS EVERYTHING!!

Old 01-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

There really is not a bad atv out there. But they do have there pros and cons. Its just figuring out which fits your style o' ridin.

Rincon, its good to have an opinion.... But let others express thiers. And if your going to lay down ground rules for the forum then you should abide by them. I can state my opinion and I'll let you state yours. But have enough respect (and tact for that matter) to discuss the topic at hand. In my ever so humble opinion there really is no black and white answers here. Maybe there would be if everyone had a similar riding style and riding experience... But we don't.

I wasted too much time/energy on this.

Old 01-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Me too, it wasn't worth it (i mean you) JJK!

Quick Reply: rincon or prairie 650?