Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ESR 370 Powervalve.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESR 370 Powervalve.........

if your doing duning and trail rides stick with teh low to mid porting. my CT350 powervalve is said to do 67hp at the rear wheels.i beleive it, this is a conservative number for a big bore. you will get more power with teh top end kit but it will be at the end of your RPM range. if your spending the money to get the powervalve, make use of it and have them port your bike for useable HP ( mid - low)

Old 01-28-2003, 12:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Anybody who says that Eddie is making his cylinders so slow is full of it! Id like to see you explain why Jim, John, Chris, and Angie (if you guys dont know these people they all have extremely fast ESR motors, that none of eddie's other customers can touch) oh what a suprise, they are all of eddies most dedicated shoppers. Ive heard them admit to spending 45k+ per year with eddie. Thats beside the point, these motors are RACE/DRAG motors, anybody who buys a race/drag motor has no suit in court, especially when Eddie states straight up he is not liable for what idiots do. Your just being fed a big line of bullsh!t. There are a few other guys who do these pro-x cylinders that are getting 85 horses out of their motors (approx 20 more horses then ANY of you guys are getting) and they dont get taken to court, why? because its pointless and a waste of money taking a motor builder to court for building something you told him to build.

On one other note, if your pro-x cylinder broke because it was "too thin" you were somebodies science experiment, because there is no reason your cylinder should have been that thin unless you were doing a drag port. If that was the case you just have an incompetent builder and he should have known to weld the transfers. He was just being lazy and trying to make a buck off you. But the think sleeve is valid, once you hit that 80mm mark your screwed

Old 01-28-2003, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

My cylinder wasn't a pro-X, it was a stock 86' jug.

I was just using it as an example.

And if you think a motor builder can't get sued for building a dangerously fast motor, then how the he11 can McDonalds get sued for millions because some idiot lady spilled her "hot coffee" on herself??!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Where there is a lawyer, there is a way.............

Old 01-28-2003, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Dabeechman........all you got me is.....CONFUSED.I guess the best bet is to send my Cylinder to you and have you port it hu? Late,zubbeyboy

Old 01-28-2003, 02:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good point 2fun...i dont know where Johny Cockran was for that case. You are EXTREMELY true on the stock cylinders. It is very common for them to break because in order to make them run worth a damn they must take a lot of material out of them. So yes you are true. Two different motors we are talking about though. The good thing about the pro-x cylinders is that they have a pretty decent transfer area to just hog the hell out of [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

In all honestly i think mcdonalds lost because of their big name, the fact that they could afford to be sued, and yeah...just the fact that its mcdonalds. I still dont think a builder can be sued for designing/building something somebody asked him to do.

Lat. lol, id be hesitant to do your cylinder just because we only port ours really. Id feel horrible if i couldnt make it run as well as ours. (not saying ours is the ****, but just that id feel bad if it didnt put a big grin on your face)

Old 01-28-2003, 04:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Old 01-28-2003, 10:41 AM
Trailblazer

i got a 265 kit from Eddie for mx and the porting is a work of art. They also are one of the few who give time to there customers. I'm in the process of purchasing a 310 pv .It should be good ,going off every thing else i've bought from them....oz_400ex

Old 01-28-2003, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
Good point 2fun...i dont know where Johny Cockran was for that case. You are EXTREMELY true on the stock cylinders. It is very common for them to break because in order to make them run worth a damn they must take a lot of material out of them. So yes you are true. Two different motors we are talking about though. The good thing about the pro-x cylinders is that they have a pretty decent transfer area to just hog the hell out of [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

In all honestly i think mcdonalds lost because of their big name, the fact that they could afford to be sued, and yeah...just the fact that its mcdonalds. I still dont think a builder can be sued for designing/building something somebody asked him to do.
I'm glad we could come to somewhat of an agreement![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

I dont know anything about the 370 kits, but how much you want for the 310 kit once yours comes? I might of misread, but you do have a 310 on right now right?

Old 01-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DevilMan
I dont know anything about the 370 kits, but how much you want for the 310 kit once yours comes? I might of misread, but you do have a 310 on right now right?
On E Bay now click or enter this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2401453166