Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

When is the Rubicon coming out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2000, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

while were talking about the honda rubicon why don't we talk about, why doesn't honda come out with a switchable 2wd 4wd opition with it?

Old 04-18-2000, 01:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I must say that Honda dropped the ball on not utilizing all the features that make up an ultimate atv. It needed disc brakes more so than a 2wd option in my opinion, and the 2wd option would be more important to me than the sport/utility selector it got. Thats like Chevrolet slapping out a brand new designed Silverado Z71, but not putting an air conditioner in it.

Old 04-18-2000, 08:16 AM
Trailblazer

When Honda developes a 2wd/4wd system that is tougher than a bag of hammers, they will release it on their ATV's. It's basically the same reasoning behind not having a belt drive automatic. The belt drive system doesn't hold up to Honda's reliability standards.

Old 04-19-2000, 12:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good point there, but if they had all the brain capacity to make that shnazzy transmission, you would think that they could find a reliable 2wd option. I like levers better than a push button, and would it have been that hard for them to do that? Come on honda, get in the game. Great new design, but don't leave out the fine points that would make this the ultimate. I have a feeling that the Rubicon will lose to the Sp500 in the shootout when they do have it, because the only fine point that the biased folks at dirtwheels will find it to have is the better transmission and quote "fine ergonomics".

Old 04-19-2000, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

(Post deleted by moderator for use of vulgarity and lack of constructive content. Please follow forum guidelines or face loss of posting privileges)

Old 04-19-2000, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

First, I seriosly doubt that Polaris is even close in sales with Honda. My buddys got a deposit on a Rancher, he's been waiting a month for. Around here you can buy any Polaris off the showroom floor. Secondly try out a Rancher, that by the way is all NEW, it is much more sporty than any utility quad Polaris currently makes. Yes even the 400 two stroke xplorer, that quad is fast but still suffers from the poor handling and two high center of gravity that all Polaris'quads have. I won't even mention that awsome single lever brakeing system. By the way Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki were building sport atvs 15 years ago, that are light years ahead of Polaris' current offerings.

Old 04-19-2000, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow, all that in only three sentances.

BTW, what is the Rubicon Special Edition?

Mossy Oak, I hope!

Old 04-21-2000, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Rancheres,

You say that you have two quads, A Sportsman 500 and a Rancher, and from all of your posts you really dislike the Polaris.

I really do not understand how someone who is so unhappy with it would keep on owning it.

If it is as bad as you keep saying it is, SELL IT! Do yourself a favor.

I have never heard you mention the fact that you ride it. Hmmmmm?

Something does not equate here.

If you could, would you please explain your ownership/access?

Old 04-21-2000, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

Heck if I had a sp500 i would keep it and trade it in for a HONDA RUBICON, thats what I would do but thats my opinion.

Old 04-21-2000, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

Thor, I do have a bit of a taited view in light of my problems with Polaris. Both bikes have their pros and cons, fact is you never hear me talk about riding excursions on either bike. But I'd be happy to share them with you sometime. I don't hate my Polaris, otherwise it would already be gone, but I have considered selling it . . . just don't want to take a finacial bath on it. I don't really know what I can tell you regading ownership/access - you already know what I own. I utilize my quads for mostly hunting and some light work. When I do go for serious trail runs there is no denying that the sp500 is the smoothest and easiest on the back. I love the power and sometimes the auto tranny is just plain handy. Given our hunting party has expanded to a large number of people I elected to buy another quad, the honda rancher - plus it's nice to have another toy! Thus far it has been a good quad but must admit it is still pretty new and hasn't stood the true test of time. I try not to sit here and bash other makes but it is difficult not to express my honest opinion when myself and some other fellow riders are all experiencing the same types of difficulties with Polaris. My personal opinion is the Polaris is packed with a ton of features that are not capable of standing up mechanically. I am of the opinion that a quad should should be able to handle the abuse (to a certain point), and until they do something to rectify the situation you won't see me singing their praises. No apologies here.

If you don't believe that I own two quads, why don't we hook up for a ride in the future??