Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher or Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher or Eiger

I've got the choice between these two new quads with a $200 price difference. The recon is getting upgraded as I need some more pulling power and plow capability. Honda has really impressed me with its relialibity so do any of you have any thoughts on which machine to purchase? Thanks

Old 03-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rancher or Eiger

I had a Rancher and Loved it, I don't know anything about the Eiger. When I buy again, it will without a doubt be a another Rancher.

Old 03-25-2003, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rancher or Eiger

Sorry I have no advice on the Eiger. I do read alot of people are quite happy with them.

We only have 600 miles on our 02 Rancher 4x4 ES and have been quite happy with it. No troubles, fun to ride and very capable. I would try to ride them first.

Old 03-25-2003, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rancher or Eiger

Both are great bikes, both are reliable and both are very close. If you really get down and compare the specs you'll find that the Eiger is a little better in most areas: Extra 50cc's, slightly more ground clearence, slightly more suspension etc. Even though I am an Eiger owner I've got to say that except for the larger engine the other things don't mean much unless you race....and these are not race bikes.

The Eiger *does* have an advantage with switchable 2wd/4wd and front disc brakes. I looked long and hard at the Rancher, Eiger and P360 before getting my Eiger. The Eiger is a simple, basic machine (read bulletproof) and has got to be the easiest, lightest steering 4x4 I've ever been on.

Jaybee

Old 03-25-2003, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rancher or Eiger

They are both nice bikes. I do know someone who has over 10K miles on his 01 Rancher ES. It is a bulletproof bike. Another friend just bought an Eiger and it is a quicker bike but it does have more displacement. Discs are a nice thing to have and the Eiger has them, and now my rubi does to. My buddie's Eiger was stuck in 4 wheel drive when he got it home but he adjusted a cable linkage and fixed it. The dealer said that he would have to leave it there two weeks to get it fixed. I think you cauld count on both of them to get you back to the truck at the end of a long day of riding.

Old 03-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rancher or Eiger

I do not have any experiance with the Eiger, But I do own a 00 rancher es 4x4 with k&n filter,jet kit and megamax exhaust, I ride with warriors,300ex and 400ex, and bigger hondas, my Rancher is always able to keep up or outrun many of these guys. Buy a rancher

Old 03-27-2003, 01:42 AM
Range Rover
Default Rancher or Eiger

I had the same exact decision, I went with the Eiger and I love it, I just wish I would have bought my wife the Ozark instead of that P.O.S. Recon.....Suzuki redesigned their quads with 21st century technology, the rancher has been almost the same for about 10 years. Suzuki Vinson 500 best in that catagory, Eiger has won more shootouts in the 400 catagory than any other quad since it came out, the Ozark is the best in its catagory, and lets not forget the bada$$ Z400.....do your homework buddy. Plus I believe the Eiger is the best bang for the buck.

Old 03-27-2003, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rancher or Eiger

Two Words---BELTS SUCK!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]Keep them on the sleds where they belong!

Old 03-27-2003, 02:03 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Rancher or Eiger

Originally posted by: Ramg66
the rancher has been almost the same for about 10 years.
No, that can't be right!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rancher or Eiger

I think you need to do some homework on how long the rancher has been around, nowhere near ten years.

Quick Reply: Rancher or Eiger