Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Polaris sport 400 vs 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2000, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also never seen a 400EX lose to a 400 Sport in a drag race, and I frequent St. Joe's St. Park in MO. often. Not to mention is that really a fair race? Common now, you Polaris guys got it backwards. What you really mean is have Polaris make a 400 4 stroke and see how bad it gets smoked by the 400 of Honda! There would be no race in that! Get your facts straight Polaris guys! Anything with motors as big as Polaris' SHOULD smoke anything out there, but the sad thing is they don't!

jason
96 350XX
Gee, I really wonder why Polaris guys don't pick on someone their own size like Banshees! They would get SMOKED!

Old 04-27-2000, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

thomas, I am glad, as you put it, "thats all there can be said", cause your opinion does not matter, just like anyone elses. It is what happens in real life that matters.
Now if you all read the original post. And the fact that he even stated in a later post that it was going to be a drag race, then maybe all you people could stay on the subject and answer his question.
In a drag race, your friends modified 400 will beat you Stock EX. After you add the pipe and jetting, it will be tough to call. If all he did was add a pipe and jetting, I would say you would win, but he has more then that, so its gonna be close.
You people need to realize that the Polaris (actually Fuji) motor is a very strong one. It is the weight of the machine that makes it slower.

Old 04-27-2000, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

I guess that I should start looking for a 250R or a 400EX with a blown engine, then I could swap in a 400 Scrambler engine, PVT and gear box. Not only would I have a quad that handled well, but a 400cc two stroke with REVERSE..... if only honda had the guts to build one like that.....
If nothing else, seeing the tears running down the cheeks of the honda purists turning to mud because of all the dust they had to ride through following me would be worth every penny.
I would much rather RIDE a polaris than PUSH a honda........

Old 04-27-2000, 02:56 AM
Air
Pro Rider

Polaris's all have big cumfy seats. Chick or fat A$${$ rides besides this is a Honda Forum Polaris owners go to your own forum and brag there

Old 04-27-2000, 10:57 AM
Trailblazer

Talon I want to give congrats to you friend who finished 4th but that was only in his class that he finished 4th not overall. He in fact races in the Utility Chain Unlimited class which at Boyer had only 13 riders in it. You friend did 3 laps in 1 hour and 57 minutes and 33 seconds, the guy in the four stroke stock class on a Honda did 3 laps in 1 hour and 50 minutes seems to me that the Honda seems to be a little faster and that is the stock class. The novice class had a rider on a Honda did 3 laps in 1 hour and 52 minutes still five minutes faster than your friend on his Piglaris. Traci Lenig a female rider rides a 300EX and did 3 laps in 1 hour and 57 minutes and 2 seconds she beat you freind on a 300. Again I am not trying to knock you friend just showing you proof of what machine is better. I am sure you friend would be faster on a better machine. Take a look at the overall finishing order your friend did not finish fourth overall he finsished 160th out of 233 riders. The top finishing Piglaris finished 123 in that race I don't think you want me to count how many Honda's were ahead of him. As for the weight issue please don't tell me about that I am sorry that Polaris can't build something that weighs close to 400 pounds. As for putting a Polaris motor in a 400EX go ahead they are stong motors, but Dave Heider rode a highly modified polaris for HPD last year with a 400EX type frame built by Roll Designs and he liked it so much last year you want to know what he is riding this year well you can find him throwing his leg over a 400EX this year. By the way the Utility Unlimted class is averaging a big 10 riders per race this year I guess all the riders on 400EX, 250R, Banshees just don't see how great these machines are. At Loretta Lynn's the biggest race of the year there were a total of 362 riders on quads out of that 362 a big total of 17 of them we Piglaris riders. You do the math to see how in demand they are to race. Now please come again when you can give me some facts on how good they are.

Thank you and have a great day now who is the fellow follower?????

Old 04-28-2000, 01:39 PM
Trailblazer

khaynes74 -
I hope you don't mind the comparison, but you are kinda like Paul Harvey. When someone forgot to tell it all you were there to make sure that we all know "the rest of the story." I would say that you put the icing on the cake for this discussion.

Scott
www.teipenspullingteam.tsx.org

Old 04-28-2000, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

Scott thanks for the comment I just get tired of people who talk the talk but have not facts to back up what they are saying.

Kevin

Old 04-28-2000, 03:50 PM
Range Rover

khaynes74 where are your facts??? All that I have heard are empty words so far.

Old 04-29-2000, 12:54 AM
Trailblazer

Your 400ex couldn,t run with a polaris 250. You Honda guys need a motor as big as your mouth then you could do all you say you can.

Old 04-29-2000, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

oh c'mon steve we have a 2000 polaris trailblazer if thats what you're talking about. hmmmmmmm I burn that bad. I outrun a sportsman too and thats what 500 cc's? ok then a scrambler 500 might outrun me too since its lighter than the sportsman and the scrambler 400 will. my cousins xplorer 400 will outrun it but not real bad. lets see I think thats all that polaris makes that will outrun my 300ex. but get real a 300 4 stroke vs a 400 2 stroke. a "real" 2 stroke like the yamaha blaster 200 is the same speed as a 300ex. I hate to say it but maybe even a little faster. but anyways if you don't believe me about the polaris 250 and the sportsman ask your polaris buddy 300expressor. he is the one that has the sportsman. I'll try to get him in here. well gotta go. see ya buddy

Quick Reply: Polaris sport 400 vs 400ex