Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

RUBICON--whats that?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2000, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right, Bill; an honest "I don't know, but I'll find our for you" goes a lot farther than fabrication, prevarication, or faking, in my book. If the salesperson is less than candid and truthful on this issue, what else they've told you is false?

My post addressed the dismay expressed elsewhere in this topic regarding ATV salespersons grossly ignorant of product knowledge. I share this dismay but find rampant ignorance in salespersons practicing in practically every form of retailing.

I wasn't directly addressing your preceding post; with the current ATV Connection Forum (unlike the previous one) it's hard to tell which post is being answered.

Tree Farmer

Old 01-23-2000, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Tree Farmer,I got cha,thanks====BILL

------------------

Old 01-23-2000, 03:40 PM
Range Rover

You should try asking them (the dealers who know about the Rubicon) how the transmission works. I bet you would get some interesting replies. I always found It funny when I got to the bigger atv dealers and the sales person (sometimes female) starts explaining the features of a particular atv. Some times they do a decent job, and some times I know they are starting to "invent" new features that the machine don't have. The atvs all differ enough to the point where they all have selling points over the other models, and I think most of us in the forums will know when we are being lied to. I don't mind if they show you the differences between the models you are interested in, if they tell you the truth, but I always look through the brochures to see if there is fact to their claims.

Old 01-23-2000, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well fellas I surely agree with you on salesman not knowing their products. Before I bought my Honda I was very Seriously interested in the Grizz, but since the local salesman couldn't give me a straight answer and gave me that "couldn't be bothered" attitude I walked out. Of course further research and this site proved to me that the Grizz wasn't what I needed anyway. You can't beat doing your own research.
My 2 cents!

------------------
Ride the "WILD COUNTRY" , South Gillies, Ontario, Canada. Y2K Honda 450ES <a>The "BIGGER BIG RED"</a> <a>JJTH</a>