Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

RUBICON--whats that?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2000, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You Honda guys are gunna love this one.For the hell of it I was close to the Honda dealership today,curious to see if they knew when the Rubicon would be in,I stopped in.I asked the head salesman about the Rubicon,he replied,Snowmobile?Quad?What is it?I could'nt beleive the DEALERSHIP had NOooo Knowledge or even known of it's existance.I told the salesman all about it,[he offered me a job-lol]This sure is not where I wanna buy my next quad.=====BILL

Old 01-22-2000, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you must of got a dealer that didn't know what honda atv's are because one of are dealers hear is like that they are just totally ablebious to what anything was,she came up to me and said can I help you and we said yes can you tell me more about this new honda rancher 4by4,and honda rubicon and she
just stood there stoderind and wandering what i was talking about so if they are that
stupid to know anything sbout that they shoudn't work there in service department.

Old 01-22-2000, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

Lovinhonda,I really agree with you,but think about it for a moment,how many saleman really have the product knowledge that we people on the ATV connection internet do?I'd venture to say that im more knowledgeable about quads than 75% of the dealers.When I was quad shopping,the salemans lack of product knowledge really showed.=====BILL

------------------

Old 01-22-2000, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

i know the dealers out there are so dumb i at least know 95% then she did i coudn't beleive ishe was that dumb acoarc che was a blond hahaha.

Old 01-22-2000, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

lol

Old 01-22-2000, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

lovinhonda,Has just replaced Whisky as the best understood poster of all Forum posts. LOL======BILL

------------------

Old 01-22-2000, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Bill,

The point you are making seems to be rather common - I've had the same experience at both local dealerships... But the problem is not just Honda... I asked the same bunch (which handles Yamaha and Suzuki as well) about the new Kodiak just before it was in the showroom - They said "It's pretty much the same as it was last year"... I kinda laughed at him a little bit.

I do a lot of "looking" at things I am interested in, before I actually go see them - I've only had one dealership ever tell me significant things I "didn't know / hadn't heard " of about a car I was looking at, and it was in TN.

Most sale's personel I have encountered have some knowledge of the products they sell, but some have not got a clue, and a rare few seem to really know all their products and can accuratly compare and contrast their products.

This seems to apply to ATV, Car, Truck, Tractor, Home Appliances, etc.

Anyway - Happy Trails
p.s. Is your Sportsman kicking again?

------------------
Steve "Bog Hog" West

Honda 300 4x4 - Gordonized, Powered, and Swamped

Old 01-23-2000, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider

Steve,I definately agree with your post.Im alot like you.When making an expensive purchase,I do research the product extensively before venturing out with my decision.And you are also right that it is just not a Honda problem.I recall when I was looking for the 4x4 of my dreams in Oct of 98.I went to all the differant dealerships I could,and some of the BS the salesman would try and give me just made me snicker somewhat.I recall the Grizz salesman telling me of how the Grizz would spin all 4 wheels in 4wd,and the Sportsman would'nt,I allready knew that was BS so I sorta just politely ''sneak out'' silently.Back in 1984,I used to sell Solar heating panels here in Michigan,and Im proud to say that being a salesman at the time,I had alot of product knowledge on Solar heating.To bad some of our dealerships dont take the same pride.The Sportsman is doing VERY good right now.I could'nt be happier.Im keeping the fingers crossed,I'd really like to keep it a while longer.Happy Trailing=====BILL

------------------

Old 01-23-2000, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

ATV dealerships are not unique, regarding customers knowing more about products than the sales personnel.

Most "sales" personnel today (with notable exceptions) are merely order-takers and cash register/credit card validator operators.

Doubt me? Ask a clerk in your local Mega-Mart the muzzle velocity of that .30-06. What's the signal-to-noise ratio of that FM receiver? Is that a 4-ply or 6-ply rated tire? Is this flour plain or self-rising?

A great, collective "Huh?" is your likely response.

Does product ignorance (of forthcoming models) by showroom personnel impact ATV sales? I doubt it. The sales staff can only sell what's in stock anyway, usually.

Tree Farmer

Old 01-23-2000, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

Jim,your point is well taken,and no,I dont think ATV sales will lack because of the salesmans lack of product knowledge,however,when spending high dollar amounts on ATVs,I dont expect a salesman to lie to me about his product[just to make the sale] when a question arises.Instead,if possible,I think maybe a response such as''Im not sure of this answer''let me see if I can find someone who is more qualified to correctly answer your question, would be more appropriate.Enjoy your day--ride if you have some time,====BILL

------------------