Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex bashing.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 01:15 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400ex bashing.

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan but it ""was"" the foundry for all other quads built.

The 250R WAS and is always going to be one of the best quads Ever built. It is an example of what happens when everything works just Perfect together. The 400EX, in all honesty, followed the 250R in that it is a GREAT all around quad. But with the exception of unbelievable Reliability, there are other quads out there that simply have more to offer.

But as Technology improves, things will only get better. Going back to my Car background, it's like taking an LS6 Chevelle and comparing it to a 2000 Camaro. One has 454ci of motor, and one only has 350ci's. Both are strong performers, but because of Technology, the 2000 Camaro makes it's performance with much less, and in fact can be made to out-perform the Chevelle and do so with the AC on. Plus in most cases, you can do so without even having to go into the motor.

The way the Quad industry is growing, especially the Sport Quad area, I believe that we haven't even scratched the surface of what is yet to come. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2003, 01:53 AM
Range Rover
Default 400ex bashing.

Hey DaBeachman I love your bike, mine is a custom blaster with every sigle part powdercoated and the only blaster at Glamas, and Florance that has a three colored powedercoated frame..but i just posted this to tell you that your toyz ROCK!! and also i have never rode a ex but my friend has one piped and carbed and he likes it more than his shee!!!

Old 05-18-2003, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex bashing.

hey guys dont go feeling alone. I have two favorite basher quads, an 01 raptor and an 02 blaster, and like you, i enjoy them and intend to keep em. I dont see anything wrong with a 400ex,a blaster or a raptor, or anything else! it's way more than most ppl have and i'll bet there's a whole bunch of young folks who would sacrifice just about anything to have what we have. I know , I was once that kid, and so were you. PLus bashing accomplishes nothing positive. So lets have fun instead - it's way easier. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2003, 03:58 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default 400ex bashing.

Originally posted by: raptor8
and i'll bet there's a whole bunch of young folks who would sacrifice just about anything to have what we have. I know , I was once that kid, and so were you.
That is worth another look!!!!

Very true.

Old 05-18-2003, 05:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 400ex bashing.

well just getting out of my "kid" years, i might sacrifice a couple butt hairs for a 4-stroke but nothing more. Now if it were a 2-stroke...then we could work a deal of some sort.

Thanks for the compliments blaster, ill post some of our new bikes sometime soon. We have a couple extra rides just for rizzo raptor....lol

Old 05-18-2003, 05:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default 400ex bashing.

ZOOM

Old 05-18-2003, 08:36 AM
Range Rover
Default 400ex bashing.

I would prefer to have a liquid cooled machine but you cant go wrong with a honda, they make a quality product. There are advantages to both i guess. There is less maintenance on a 400 no need to change anti-freeze or have a water pump go out at any point is a plus.The only thing i have against a 400ex is that it is a four-stroke. Four-strokes are much more difficult to upgrade, but not having to pre-mix would be cool also. You need twice as much cc's to match 2-stroke power. I have an lt250r and it weighs only 285 lbs. I smoke most banshees i come across and enjoy the fact i only spent 4200 to do it. Even though a banshee has 100 more cc's it also has 100 more lbs to lug around,and if i happen to crash id rather have the 285 land on me. IF it werent for the tree huggers though we would be asking when the new 250r's were coming out, but unfortunately they have won the battle to see production of them stopped. Imagine the rush to buy a 2003 250r. It wont happen though so now we have to sit back and wait for the next bigger four stroke to arrive. Atv manufacturers have only helped the cause of environmentalist though, think about it. If they still produced the 250r it would be the last bike a person would want. Manufacturers of atv have realized that atv's are like cars , if you change style and add a couple ponies every year people will rush to upgrade to the newer "updated " bike. Its kinda sad really that we let them manipulate us like that ,but we are only human. You know this is true but everyone will be trading in their 660 raptor for the newer one with 700cc or new "indestructable" plastic anyway.

Old 05-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Range Rover
Default 400ex bashing.

Originally posted by: RPM
Originally posted by: DaBeechMan but it ""was"" the foundry for all other quads built.

The 250R WAS and is always going to be one of the best quads Ever built. It is an example of what happens when everything works just Perfect together. The 400EX, in all honesty, followed the 250R in that it is a GREAT all around quad. But with the exception of unbelievable Reliability, there are other quads out there that simply have more to offer.
The only "offer" I care about. Is being able to ride my quad. Not being a tiny bit faster, but having a cracked frame/tranny blowing out/starter problems/ do I really have to keep going? So the only "more stuff" other quads offer is more down time, work and money to keep them running. But this is only my opinion.....

Old 05-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default 400ex bashing.

I got into that mess a year ago when The LTZ's first came out. I was one of the first to get one around here, and my roomate at the time had a '02 Banshee. Very seldom did he ever beat me in a drag race- I said something about it here once and got flamed and called a liar- mostly by 12 year old kids. I guess here in the midwest our drag races are different, no sand, and not for 1/2 a mile. We just race wherever theres room for about 300-400ft. Crap like that kinda agitated me, thats why I havent visited this site in almost a year.

Old 05-19-2003, 10:04 PM
Range Rover
Default 400ex bashing.

true

Quick Reply: 400ex bashing.