Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Swisher mowers

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swisher mowers

Belly mower is like $2100 - $2800 depending on what dealer you are going through. I found one for $2100 + tax + shipping and it is still $600 cheaper than Tractor Supply Co. who also can get them in. The one I looked at was built heavier than my Finish mower on my tractor.

ChrisW

Old 08-25-2004, 09:14 AM
CWG
Pro Rider
Default Swisher mowers

LOL, I guess it would have to be built well, I guess you just back over it? Then hook it up somehow.
I guess time for some cheap turf tires if you go that route too. Neet looking, and kinda pricey however.
ok, ok, what we really need is an offroad zero turn rough cut!!!!

Old 10-04-2004, 11:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Swisher mowers

Chris.... Where did you get tht $2100 price for the belly mower??
I've been looking to get one for my Sportman 700 but nobody in my area has even heard of it!! And that includes Tractor Supply!!

Old 10-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Swisher mowers

I found it at a dealer in Hillsboro Ohio. If you search in the dealer locator on the swisher website the phone is 937-393-xxxx. I think it is the only dealer in Hillsboro. I did have to search on repair/service and not mowers though. TSC can order it for you but you will need to give them the part # from swisher to do it. I called swisher and got it but it is at home somewhere. The mower also comes on 2 parts, the deck and the power unit. I am still trying to sell my tractor before I can get an ATV and mower.

Hope this helps,
ChrisW

Old 10-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Swisher mowers

Thanks Chris..... I'm heading down to the ATV EXPO in Louisville, KY (October 16-17) and I'm hoping that they have some SHOW SPECIALS. If not then I'll have to pay Hillsboro a visit! I almost bought the Swisher Hyper Cut (58" model only) then found out that it was being discontinued for two other models which turned out to be the Master Hyper Cut (44" and 62" models) so I have been waiting for them to hit the market but still not too many people are aware of them. I kinda wish I had bought the older model, I could have had one for $1600, the best price for the 62" model thus far for me has been $2600 and that didn't include shipping!!

Catch Ya Later,
B.B.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Swisher mowers

In April of 2005 I purchased the “Polaris model” (grey / silver color) of the 60” mower same mower. In addition I purchased the front mount kit for my ATV. After breaking numerous bolts due to the mowers inability to stay secured to the mount kit while mowing on small inclines, I decided to only tow the mower. Within the first month the main clutch spring broke and it took over 10 days to receive a replacement. After replacing the clutch spring, approximately 2 more weeks went by and the large belt (47” inside the deck) was shredded. After two attempts of sending the replacement belt, the mower was back and running. On (approx.) the 85th day of owning the mower a weld broke on one of the wheels (where it attaches to the frame). During each of the above disappointing encounters, I went through the dealer in which the mower was purchased and they went through Swisher (following the proper channels). After the weld broke, I again called the dealer and stated that since I was still within the 90 warranty of the product (from Swisher) and the lack of reliability on my particular mower, I wanted my money returned or a replacement mower (willing to give the red / non-Polaris model T-60 TRAILMOWER a try – since the back wheels do not pivot on the non-Polaris model a nd $300 less than the Polaris model). Understanding that on the Polaris model, the two front wheels can be “pinned or locked” when towing the mower, the rear wheels still pivot and want to go “down hill” when on an incline. The dealer stated that he would have a representative from Swisher contact me to discuss my options. The following day, Frank (from Swisher at x537) called to inquire about the issues I had experienced. He stated that a replacement mower was not an option. I then inquired about the possibility to exchange the Polaris model for the less expensive model or pay the difference for the Hyper Cut (ATV belly mower) and he said and that they do not buy back any sold equipment. And any arrangements would need to be made through the purchasing dealer. He then stated that I needed to take the mower to be repaired by re-welding a strap around the wheel assembly and mower frame and send him the bill (and “to take it easy on him.”). I found Frank’s response to my issues to be very inconsiderate and against Swisher’s motto of “All our products are designed to save you time and effort by allowing our equipment to do the work. “ (Yeah right!!!) If considering the Polaris model be aware that if any hills or inclines are in the plans – you may want to reconsider your purchase as I’m sure disappointment will occur due to the pivoting wheels – regardless of whether you plan to mount the mower in front or tow it. Needless to say, I have been very disappointed with the reliability and dependability of the Polaris model of the 60” Swisher mower. Therefore proposing the question ‘what is the next thing to break or malfunction the next time I plan to mow.’

Old 07-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Swisher mowers

Brad
I feel Your pain. Well, almost.

I had my heart set on the 60" Belly Mower from Swisher but nobody and I mean nobody knew anything about it or even wanted to look for it.

I thought about the one you have but something about it didn't look right.

So I settled for the Swisher 62" Finish cut Trail Mower (pull behind).
If Your not familar with it there are 3 height adjustment cranks. One in the front dead center and the other two in either side towards the rear. Well, on my first attempt at cutting my 2 acres the front center crank handle came off. It is held on my a thin press nut. The crank also serves to lock in the adjustment which without a crank causes the barrel tube to unscrew, fall off, and allow the front rollers to bear the weight of the mower as it trys to plow into the dirt. This happend half way through mowing. And I never found the crank handle, must have run over it and threw it.

Which brings me to another problem. I purchased the mower at Tractor Supply and was told it only had a 30 day warrenty so I purchased the "Power Plus" extended warrenty (DUMB) I never buy those things but I did and they were no help whatsoever. First they needed to pick up my mower, then after 3 days of "Study" they would call me with a discription of what needed to be replaced. Then after my OK they would order the parts from Swisher. Then they would deliver the mower back to me within 5 working days after they ordered the parts! All I needed was $20 worth of parts that they could send me and I would have been greatful. After spending a few days trying to reason with Tractor Supply and the Power Plus Reps. I decided to call Swisher myself. I was told that the mower was covered for a Year and they had recieved my warrenty information that I sent in. I gave them all the part numbers I needed and they sent me the parts free of charge. I got them in 2 days and was back in business after I drilled and installed cotter pins on all 3 crank handles.

So Please Don't Buy the POWER PLUS PROTECTION PLAN from Tractor Supply.

The mower has been great so far and my once over grown field looks almost as good as the nieghbor's yard.

Good Luck with Your (Modification) After Your done you should take pictures and send them to Swisher as "Design Changes" :-)

Old 07-15-2005, 08:08 AM
CWG
Pro Rider
Default Swisher mowers

labs4brad- what state you in? Several States have lemon laws and usually a couple of calls to the State Atty office, they call and you get happy. OR, call a local news station, they have talking heads who love pestering people like Frank.

Now then- (I replied last august) I settled on a swisher- a zero turn 60" deck. And I love it! The thing flies, it handles hills, the only time I got stuck was getting both front tires sideways, in a rut, since then I've learned, its NOT a 4WD ATV, got carlilse ATV rear tires however.
The deck goes to about 7-8" high, I can cut hills that last year I cut down dozens of 1-3" tree's and got them close to the ground but not all the way- it cuts great with the deck all the way up.
It cuts at 6-7MPH on flat ground and as fast as a pull behind on other ground.
Cost was 3600 on sale- probably higher than a pull behind..but after a few hours on it, I"m glad I didnt waste any money on a pull behind for my Prairie.
Just my .02- I almost bought a used pull behind locally, until I talked to the son of the guy who was selling it!--tree's, wet lawns, backing up, dont turn around on a hill, go to the bottom and come back or it binds, tight turns, you still have to go slow or it just flattens the grass instead of cutting it.

good luck with that frank- bust his ***** whatever way. Unless you went at the installation with a hammer and chainsaw they need to stand behind the product.
find out about your states lemon laws- ohio has some pretty strong consumer laws

p.s. yes, Tractor supply sucks for helping. I got the swisher ZTR60 and it didnt have a key! The ones on the rack didnt fit, so they had to order one....
I called Swisher when I got home- told them I just dropped 3600 bucks and they sent one in the mail, got it TWO DAYS after I bought it, a day and a half after I called. I'm cutting happy. I had to go back to TS for some crap two weeks later, figured I could use a spare- off to the counter and they had no record of ordering it!! The manager gave me his word he'd find out what happened...I agree- if YOU buy from TS, make sure its all there and never waste any extra bucks on warranty's

Old 05-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Swisher mowers

I purchased the Swisher 60 inch finish mower with the Brigs and Stration mower about 8 years ago. I have 5 acreas of land to cut and I pull it in the offset configuration, to cut 10 ft on each pass. I can say that this is one of the best mowers I have every used, it still starts with the original battery. I wish I could same the same for the 25 horse, water cooled Cub Cadet tractor I use to pull it. That is the worst piece of junk i have ever owned, getting parts and service for it is a nighmare, as more then 5 companies that serviced the brand have either gone out of business, or droped this product.

I am considering buying the swisher 66 inch zero turn mower, and wonder what experiences others have had with the zero turn mowers

Old 08-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Swisher mowers"></title><script src=

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Retired1

I am considering buying the swisher 66 inch zero turn mower, and wonder what experiences others have had with the zero turn mowers</end quote></div>

This might be an old post but, if you haven't bought anything, I will tell you that nothing compares with a zero turn mower for cutting grass. A good one will not only outmanuever a swisher pulled by an ATV but will run circles around it for mowing. I have an Exmark with a 27hp Kohler and a 60" deck a great mower buy pricey. I have not heard much about the Swisher ZTR but, you might want to look at the Bad Boy mowers. From what I have read, they seem to be a lot of mower for the money.

I would recommend that you look on websites like lawnsite.com for information on ZTRs.

One thing you might want to think about is getting the suspension seat. These mowers can ride rough. You can get one at northern for about $325.00.

Quick Reply: Swisher mowers