Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Any body down a whitetail ,yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any body down a whitetail ,yet?

Shot a bigger doe than the previous one Saturday night. Looked great but nothing but guts on the arrow. Let her go that night. Went out and tracked her from last blood at 7am the next morning. Died not 70 yards from the stand. While I'm not completely sold on the Crimson Talons, I am impressed. Pass-through on about an 8-yard quartering-to shot with only about 50-55 lbs. of draw weight.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

I WAS ON MY WAY UP TO HILLCITY MINNESOTA AND WHEN I GOT NORTH OF LAKE MILCAS I STARTED TO COUNT AND I COUNTED OVER A 100 DEER. THEY WERE OUT IN FIELDS JUST LIKE CATTLE. I HUNT OVER BY JACOBSON BY THE MISSISSIPPI AND THERE ARE SO MANY YOU JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT. WE ALL TOOK TWO EACH LAST YEAR.

Old 10-16-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

RedGoblin, the words carbon and mechanical keep me confident when hunting.

Old 10-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

Our 12 yr. old Grandson got a nice doe today in the special youth gun antlerless hunt. He was pretty excited, and so was I. He had a shot just before sunrise and missed. At about 10:30 he got another chance, and made a great shot.

Old 10-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

any of you ever heard of anacostia island? its up in canada... lots of deer... my boss and a few other guys are going, there was an open slot so it offered to pay for me to go, now i jus gotta work it off... 2500$

Old 10-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Slinger
RedGoblin, the words carbon and mechanical keep me confident when hunting.
Is that so? My friend shot a 7-pointer on our hunt Saturday night with those NAP Spitfire mechanicals. He shoots aluminum at about 65-67 lbs. Complete pass through EXACTLY where he wanted it to go. The entry wound looked small. We flipped the big boy over Guts were hanging out of what had to have been at least a 3.5 - 4 in. exit hole[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]Impressive indeed.

Old 10-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Rem
Pro Rider

i got my first elk on saturday at about 6:30 in the morning. it weighed 365 cleaned!!! i think i won the competition for biggest cow elk in the kid's hunt in unit 27 in Arizona

Old 10-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Outdoornut- It's always an awesome expierience when a youngster gets to go hunting! Not to mention the fact he harvested his first deer. Kudo's- to you for taking the time to take him out!

Hozed- I'am almost in the same boat! I'am going to a Ranch in Montana next year to hunt elk, and deer, (both whitetail, and mule). The trip is going to cost around $3000! I've got until next October to come up with $2000 as I already have 1.

Old 10-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: Rem
i got my first elk on saturday at about 6:30 in the morning. it weighed 365 cleaned!!! i think i won the competition for biggest cow elk in the kid's hunt in unit 27 in Arizona
Good job Rem! I cant wait to go out west and down one of those giants! Congrats again! You will have plenty of awesome meat for awile!

Old 10-20-2004, 06:52 AM
Pro Rider

I really like the NAP spitfire mechanical broadheads. I've been using 100 grain 2 blade, but I am going to try the 3 blade. They have awsome flight on longer shots and I have never had any problem with penetration.
For those of you considering a 4 blade (fixed) broadhead, be carefull, they plane a lot. I bought some Rocky 4-blade broadheads on sale once and after about 15 yards the arrow would fly off course worse than when I hit a golf ball. I thought my arrows were bent, but when I switched back to the 3-blade they flew fine. This was before mechanicle broadheads of course.

Quick Reply: Any body down a whitetail ,yet?