Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Any body down a whitetail ,yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any body down a whitetail ,yet?

I took some pics with a disposable camera that is set up for digital pictures, so when that roll is used up, I will post some pictures, tried once before with some riding pictures, but it kept saying the files were too big, guess I need to learn how to download pictures to make it work !!!! Hopefully I will get one this coming weekend, from the tracks by the scrape near my stand, there is a big one still out there !!! Barely a mile and a half from my place, a big 8, a 12 and a nice 14 pt. were seen in the same night, so maybe I'm in the territory for the big one.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got what you guys would refer to as a 8 point white tail on 10-17 in the after noon. Out here in the west we call the a 4 point. He was a mule deer cross as we have interbreeding going on , Mule deer body with white tail rack around 190lbs. I shot him at about 100 yards according to the gps, He was standing 1/4 I aimed for the neck and instead hit him in the front shoulder. He went down instantly and was dead when we walked up to him. Turns out the bullet severed his aorta at the heart then took out his lungs on the way out. so yes and no I did get a deer but if it is a mixbreed does it meet the original post quuestion?

Old 11-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: 95wolv
Well, just got done hanging up a 7 pt. buck, the boy ( 14 yrs old ) pegged him broadside at about 15 yards, he came in to check out the doe bleat I was using, so he never saw it coming. Nice shot, the boy got him in the lungs and just passed through the back of the heart, but that buck refused to stay down,I heard him flop over, so we waited a couple of minutes and snuck up on him, heard him get back up, I got on all fours and got past some brush, he was standing there swaying, finally fell over again, kicked and that was it. It would have been a nice 8 pt, but a main tine was broken off, looked like it happened before the velvet came off, it was healed over pretty good. This makes 3 years in a row the boy has tagged one.
Congrads to you and your son! It's an amazing expeirence in itself, add a hunting partner (especially your child) and it makes it unforgetable. Good luck the rest of the season.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Best lunch hour ever!

[quote]
Originally posted by: quadduck
I got what you guys would refer to as a 8 point white tail on 10-17 in the after noon. Out here in the west we call the a 4 point. He was a mule deer cross as we have interbreeding going on , Mule deer body with white tail rack around 190lbs. I shot him at about 100 yards according to the gps, He was standing 1/4 I aimed for the neck and instead hit him in the front shoulder. He went down instantly and was dead when we walked up to him. Turns out the bullet severed his aorta at the heart then took out his lungs on the way out. so yes and no I did get a deer but if it is a mixbreed does it meet the original post quuestion?[/q

I'am so use to being around strictly whitetail, I almost forget about the muley. One of these days I'am going to make it out West to take one. Congradulations on yours, mixbreed or not I would be proud. It all boils down to the hunt for me. Everything about it, wether I shoot or not. It's still an awesome time.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah your right buck fever knows no boundries!

Old 11-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Best lunch hour ever!

Well my son shot a pretty nice 8 pointer this weekend in the youth hunt. I dont have any pics to post yet, but I will. It was an expierence of a lifetime. If anyone gets a chance to take a kid out hunting, please do it as they will never forget it and neither will you. Good luck to all. Our season starts next weekend the 13th.

Old 11-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer

I put the picture of our grandson's deer on my picture page. Our youth hunt is anterless only. It was 59lbs. It was coming straight in to the stand, at 40 yards it saw him and turned and ran broadside. He made a great shot. Cameron is almost 13 yrs old and loves to hunt and fish. It is such fun to see that much excitement in a kid and to share it with them.

Old 11-13-2004, 10:13 PM
vj
Range Rover

a buddy i hunt with here in manitoba, canada got a nice 8 point last night. i was rattling little ways away and the buck walked right past his stand. the 300. mag put him down at ease. we think it'll score 130-140. i also shot a doe but not yet a chance at a buck. good luck to all.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Best lunch hour ever!

Well I did it again. I killed a pretty nice 9 point (4x5 for you guys out west)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] He has a 15 inch spread. I'll have pics up soon as I get em. It was opening day of rifle season at 3:45. He was hard after a doe that lead him right to me. Good luck to everyone!!

Old 11-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Hey that's a nice deer mr dumass. We're getting towards the end of the really big deer season (elk) here and there's a few nice racks being taken. Me, I have a knee operation this week so my season's over, did pop a couple does and a muley buck though.

Quick Reply: Any body down a whitetail ,yet?