Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Over/Under Shotguns

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over/Under Shotguns

Originally posted by: TallTexun
I picked up a reuger red label o/u 20 ga at a gun show in Marfa for 450.oo was used, but very little.

Just a sweet, smooth, well made weapon IMO.

Wood work is great, and it really brings in the doves out here in West Texas.

I had a Weatherby 12 ga o/u that I sold. I recently had shoulder surgery, and coundn't take the slamin of the weatherby, but it was a nice shootin weapon..
good deal on the Ruger....I never find deals like that......oh well...lol

Old 01-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Ol
Range Rover

I've shot a Browning Lightweight 12 ga Citori for 20 years or more, for hunting and using the same gun for 20 years of trap and skeet leagues and never once have I had a problem with the gun. For my money, that's a LOT of gun.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

I won a Weatherby Athena Grade 5 20g on a ticket a few years back before I got in to Trap shooting (pistols back then) I wish I would of never sold it but I guess sell it for 1250 made the buyer happy I now use a Beretta Semi trap model but soon to have o/u

Old 02-19-2005, 06:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

These Silver Reserve O/U are made by KHAN not by HUGLU which is producing the CZ O/U

Old 02-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

I once had a Ruger Red Label for about 2 weeks. I got it for about $800 new, and liked pretty good, but like my name says, im a big ole boy, and the Ruger was just too short for me. When I got the pins to reset for the second barrel and it shot, I could shoot a consistent 24/25 on a round of skeet. I was lucky, and sold it for what I had in it( the buyer was a big duck hunter and he liked the stainless/synthetic). I upgraded to a nice used Citori Special Sportingclays. I got it at a great price, $1700. Yeah, its got a few extra goodies. Eight custom cut Briley chokes, ported barrels, lengthend forcing cones, three gold triggers, mercury recoil compensator, adjustable stock, custom machined reciever, and some other stuff. I love everything about this gun, and it shoots like a dream. One day I might get a Citori White Lighting for a hunting gun couse I dont really like taking the one I have now out in the field. Until then, Ill be taking my trusty Remingtons.

Old 02-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: khan
These Silver Reserve O/U are made by KHAN not by HUGLU which is producing the CZ O/U
ah, mistake by my dealer then....not bad guns for the money though....also, never mentioned Huglu

Old 02-21-2005, 01:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

totally random but i have a 12 guage Luger youth model and something got screwed up and now its a full outa insted of a semi auto. Now its my trap gun lol, i have a benelli for huntin

Old 06-10-2005, 03:07 AM
Trailblazer

I have a Ruger Red Label 20 ga. 28" pistol grip stock. Love it! Sometimes I'll use my Beretta A303 20 semi-auto for quail. Love it, too! I think the most important thing is fit. If it doesn't fit, it won't shoot where you are looking. Take the gun to a good gunsmith and have him see what modifications need to be made for it to fit YOU. It might not be as expensive as you think.
Kurt

Old 06-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a beat up old Remington pump I bought used about 25 years ago. I can afford a better/newer gun, but I knock down as many or more birds than the guys I hang with. Maybe I just need to get friends that can shoot better!!!!

Old 06-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

You guys see the new Mossberg over/under?? Silver pigeon I think its called. Not a bad looking gun for the cost. Its fairly cheap. 500 bucks

Quick Reply: Over/Under Shotguns