Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Deer Camera- Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deer Camera- Please Help

Thanks Alot. I will try that either this afternoon or tomorrow and get back to you.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

The counter will not start over when you put it on "test" Just be careful button doesn't go all the way over to off.

It is a little tricky getting it to rewind the film. Push the little button in with a pen or something. Hold it in for several seconds. I think the camera has to be on or on test. If you are not sure if it is working do this.

Set the camera up with 3 minute intervals between shots. Set it up and wait a few minutes. walk in front of it and let it take your picture ( make sure you smile) Run up to the camera (Before the 3 minutes are up ) and see if the counter says 1

If it does, its working. Good luck!

P.S. Try putting some bait in front of it. Try apples, corn or something

Old 07-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Trailblazer

I relied last night but my computer screwed up and it didn't post. Wolverine is right, it has to be on "test" to manually rewind the film. I checked my manuel and it didn't say too much about the counter. Just that it would continue to count upward even after the film was rewound. Up to 99 the would go to sleep. One note on what Wolverine said, if you do set it up to take some test pics, it will (should) take about 5 minutes for the first one to take. It's a little safety built in so you can get out of the area without taking your own pic in the process. The web site listed for Stealth Cam was "www.stealthcam.net" you may check it out for info.

Good luck and I should be checking mine in the morning. Maybe I will have some pics on here for you to see. I'll keep you posted. I've only had it out for a week.

Old 07-31-2005, 01:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

I finally got it right this time. Thanks again for the help. I only had pic's of a big doe. At least now I think I know what I'm doing. Still looking for the trophy buck though.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer

I was going to start a new topic but i'll just ask it here. Does anyone have a 1.3 megapixel digital stealth camera. I recently got one and when i try to view the pics on the tv they just flash on there then in about 1 minute the whole unit shuts off. So then i exchanged it and tried it again and it does the same thing. Does anybody else have this problem or am I doing something wrong

Old 08-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

I have a buddy that has two different digital's but neither one is a Stealth. I know that he has had great luck with his. You might try 1-877-269-8490 for information. That sounds strange and I would think that if they both were doing it that something would not be set up correctly. You might also try looking at all of the basics. Good batteries, connections correct that type of thing. I know that on both of my buddies ( one is a Cuddyback and the other is a Moultrie) there are different settings. Could they have a type of "slideshow" going on? Have you tried a different tv or computer? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Old 08-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer

when the first one acted up i called that number and they sent out a new cable to view the pics on the tv and they also said that if that didn't work take it back and get a whole new unit. so thats what i did and it still don't work i checked all the obvious stuff like batteries and connections and no luck. The pics don't show up like a slideshow they flash real fast and the picture moves up and down real fast and i can't even make out the pic. I have been looking at the cuddyback but that unit is twice as much. What kind of features does that one have?

Old 08-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Trailblazer

You might check out the Moultrie first. They are currently running 99.00 to 120ish I think. My buddy has had good luck with his and plugs right into his tv. I'm not sure of features but it takes good pics and seems to trigger well. Could your problem be TV related? You might try it on a different one.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I like to find a food source (apple trees, corn field) or worn trail to place the camera next to. I usually clear out an area so that the weeds or branches blowing in the wind do not trigger the camera. I try to stay away from inclines or declines. A little slope isn't too bad. Depending on the slope, I usually mount the camera about a foot/foot and a half off the ground. I usually set it for a minute between pictures. If I set it longer I feel like I might miss a good picture. At a minute I get enough to give me at least one good picture out of a few. If the animal sticks around long enough. Some might be things like a ear, butt, nose or eye. One might just be perfect. If I set the time too long then I might only get the ear, butt, nose or eye picture.

My last roll had a woodchuck, crow, turkey, doe and fawn on it. Later I had found a dead turkey hidden under a bush about 50 yards away. I'm hoping that my current roll has a picture of whatever killed that turkey. Maybe a coyote.