Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Deer Camera- Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deer Camera- Please Help

I purchased a cheap trail camera several days ago. After setting it up, it only took two pictures. So I moved it to another location and reset the camera. It now shows 0 pictures. Are the two pictures still on the film just not on the counter?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer

Without knowing which brand you have, I am going to assume that it is a 35mm, you pics should be on there as long as the camera didn't rewind and double expose your film. I have seen this happen but it is rare. A couple of things to consider when you put your camera out is the sun, trying to find a choke point, or high traffic area where the deer can't get around the back of your camera. Me and my buddies love ours. We have gotten tons of pics that we have died laughing at. (a farmer getting ready to drain the weasle for example) I'll check back later if you have any other questions.

Old 07-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, it is a 35 mm. (Stealth Cam) Thanks, for the info. I also have another question about the camera. If I set it to take more than one picture each minute, for example two or three, will it just make multiple copies of the same image or will they be different?
Thanks Again.

Old 07-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

I have the same camera. If you shut the camera off then and turn it back on, the counter starts over. If you set it for multiple pictures it will take several pictures in a row. Lets say there are 3 bucks walking down the trail. The first buck will trip the camera and get its picture taken. If you only have it set for 1 picture you will only get a picture of the first buck and may not even know the other two were there. If you set it for 2 or 3 you might get pictures of the other bucks. You will use up lots of film if you have a couple does walking around your camera. We had a whole roll of film shot at one doe when it was set to take only 1 picture. These cameras are alot of fun. Be careful not to aim it where the sun sets or rises. The infrared sensor will go off and you will have pictures on nothing but sunsets. My son took his to Maryland to scout for deer last year. He dumped some apples on the ground and set it up. He got some pictures of several does and small bucks. He also got a couple bear and one was huge.

Old 07-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer

Just like Wolv said, setting your camera for multiple pics may or may not help. I usually set mine for just one at a time. But another thing to take into consideration is how long you set it for between pics. This time of year, when things are hot and you are just trying to see what is in your area, one pic a time but with 1 minute between pics. (this should be the default setting.) As the season gets closer, especially the rut) you may want to take more pics per trip but with more time between them. It is fun to see what you get. It's fun going to the store to pick up your prints and see what you got. Me and my buddies have entire albums with nothing but game cam pics. We have gotten bobcats, cyotes, ATV riders, poachers, and buddies dragging deer out and walking in when it's pitch black. (scares the crap out of them when the flasc goes off!) Have fun!

Old 07-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the help. If I ever get any good pic's I'll let you guys know.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

How long do you normally leave it in one spot before moving it??

Trending Topics

Old 07-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Trailblazer

I usually leave mine in place for at least a week or so. You don't want to distrub the deer by constantly walking in to check it. When you do go in, make it as quick as possible. I check the number of pics. If the roll is less than half, I leave it for a second week. Anything over half, I pull it and develop it. (Wal-mart will only charge you for the pics that were taken) The reason I use this half rule is to keep from leaving it a second week with only 5 or 6 pics remaining. Those could be taken the first day and the rest of the time would be wasted and you would neve know. Just try it and see what happens. Good luck.

Old 07-28-2005, 04:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

O.K. I have several other questions now. When I approach the camera to see if any pic's are on the camera, I usually walk from back of camera and set it to test, that way I want take pic's of myself. Will this reset #'s on the camera? So far always shows 0. Or just bad location?

Second Question? When I decide to rewind the film before it is finished, which setting does it require to be set to On, Test, Stand By? The reason I ask this is because the counter read 0. So I thought I would rewind the film and put a new roll of film in the camera just to make sure the film wasn't messed up. It didn't rewind. When I opened the camera all the film was still out. ?? Even if pic's were there, Gone now.

Any suggestion. Lost Directions LOL, Don't have a clue. Thanks Again.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer

Ok, I am not really sure on either question. I think that turing to the "test" setting won't change your count. Only if you turn it off. (I will usually approach from behind and just stick my head around untill I can read it. Not a big deal for me if it takes my picture and I am ugly enough to have broken a lot of cameras!) As for the position to rewind, it should be printed on the label inside the main cover. If it isn't or your sticker is gone, let me know and I will look it up in my manuel. Or, let me know and I will try and scan the manuel in and email it to you. Either way, I will look them up tonight and get back with you tomorrow or tonight.

As for the film not rewinding??? Did you hear the camera rewind before you opened it? Are your batteries good? Try testing it with that old roll of film. You wouldn't be out anything other than the batteries. Load that film back in (rewind by hand), walk in front of it a few times. See what your counter says and then rewind the film. Let me know how this works.

Quick Reply: Deer Camera- Please Help