Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Hey guys, check this out.... I got a shotgun!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005 | 05:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hey guys, check this out.... I got a shotgun!!

I have the 870 sportsman. I don't like shiney stocks. I also have a single shot .410. Did you know that you can cut open a .410 shell, take out the shot and leave the wad. Then take the fletching off of an arrow and slide it down the barrel and into the shell. Believe it or not it's pretty accurate out to about 40 yards.

Disclaimer: Arrows were not made to be shot out of shotguns.

Old 11-20-2005 | 08:39 AM
|
Pro Rider

That would be sweet.... think you could use that in archery season??? LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2005 | 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Starky
I have the 870 sportsman. I don't like shiney stocks. I also have a single shot .410. Did you know that you can cut open a .410 shell, take out the shot and leave the wad. Then take the fletching off of an arrow and slide it down the barrel and into the shell. Believe it or not it's pretty accurate out to about 40 yards.

Disclaimer: Arrows were not made to be shot out of shotguns.
Never heard of that one being done before, lol.

Old 11-20-2005 | 09:59 PM
Range Rover

I perfer a pump action for deer, rabbit, etc. but I like a semi auto for waterfoul.

I also like to be very far from people shooting arrows out of shotguns. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2005 | 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

congrats on the new gun i got a 12 gauge winchester,pump action and i shot a doe with it i guess 4 weeks ago and first shot with 00B and i blew the head right apart shot guns are fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] but i think next year I'll use a rifle because i saw a buck but it didn't come close enough to shoot with the shot gun which was a bummer

Old 11-22-2005 | 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DavidLT250S
congrats on the new gun i got a 12 gauge winchester,pump action and i shot a doe with it i guess 4 weeks ago and first shot with 00B and i blew the head right apart shot guns are fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] but i think next year I'll use a rifle because i saw a buck but it didn't come close enough to shoot with the shot gun which was a bummer
congrats on the deer!

Old 11-23-2005 | 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CobraR6
congrats on the deer!
thanks it was my second deer i got a 3 point last year so next year i need to get a big rack

Old 11-23-2005 | 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CobraR6
congrats on the deer!
thanks it was my second deer i got a 3 point last year so next year i need to get a big rack
Cool deal!

Old 11-25-2005 | 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

i'm more of a rifle person i probably own a good 5 deer/big game rifles/ and 3 safari rifles and 4 shotguns....

Old 11-25-2005 | 12:35 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: extremerider2811
i'm more of a rifle person i probably own a good 5 deer/big game rifles/ and 3 safari rifles and 4 shotguns....
You gone on many Safaris???

Quick Reply: Hey guys, check this out.... I got a shotgun!!