Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Wood burning furnace question

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wood burning furnace question

Hi all,
I am thinking of adding an outdoor wood burning furnace in addition to my propane. There are a lot of manufacturers. My firewood supply is not an issue. Mostly Red Elm. Has anyone had good/bad experience and any suggestions of good manufacturer? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

well i work at central boiler and look at them damn things all day and well with ours you have a dual fuel option where you can hook up propane fuel oil and soon to come is gonna be a corn burner right on the boiler. central boiler is the number one seller of outdoor wood boilers and trust me we make alot of them every day (don't think i am supposed to tell anyone the exact number though) go to www.centralboiler.com. i am not gonna bash any other makers but i have seen them and their quality isn't up to specs like ours are if we get one little ding that nobody would ever see on the rafter it is scrapped out which is good for me cause check out my pics and look at my deerstand it is the exact dimensions of a central boiler and i got all the tin and everything for free.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Centerboilers are nice. That will be great when they get it to be combined with a corn burner too.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

hey catter when you come up riding this summer, after we get done hanging wheelie's in the polaris parking lot i will take ya for a personalized tour i especially like their fireplaces my sis and i bought one for my mom and dad a couple years ago and wow that thing is nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

i've had my central boiler for around 15 years now and can't complain about it at all. weez, will ther be a retro fit option for the corn burner?

Old 01-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

weez440 - I've had a couple relatives that worked there as well; Eric in welding and Tom in engineering. I also know lots of people that have a central boiler; they all claim it's a great product. Also; my Mom is friends with the owners thru church somehow.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

eric Q and tom P?? and i believe the corn burner will be something that you just hook right up to our dual fuel models that we are already making i shouldn't try talking anyone into getting a dual fuel model i absolutely HATE making those things lol about twice as much work for me to do to one of them compared to one of our classic models. the classic model is just for burning wood there is no side hookup for propane, fuel oil, or corn. and the people i talk to that have them swear by them if you take care of them they will last many years but some people won't take care of them and we get some stoves in that are just a couple years old and people gotta spend like 1500 dollars and fix them up cuase they didn't do proper maintanance.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

That would be great weez, in a few years I would like to put up a pull shed with one of these things to heat it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUOTE from weez440: eric Q and tom P??

Tom P yes, Eric Q no. Eric H (my nephew) used to work in welding.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The place in where we hunt, there is a couple of guys who sell them and one of them is the number one seller in minneosta I think. They are ALL over the place down there.

Quick Reply: Wood burning furnace question