Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Deer Hunting Success in Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deer Hunting Success in Missouri

I had great success this year for deer season. I shot a large buck in north central Missouri. It has 12 points though I call it a heavy 8 point with 4 small tines. The small tines are over 1" so it is officially a 12 point. The antlers at the base are over 6" around and it has an 18" inside spread according to the taxidermist that I took it to. There are a couple of pictures in my gallery.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congradulations Mr. Pennyless, sounds like a nice size buck. Here in Pennsylvania the first day of buck is next Monday.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

VERY NICE BUCK!!!!!!! I am interested what he will score after he is "dried out". My uncle killed a 140 class buck saturday morning. Again, very nice buck. How far was he? What caliber of rifle? How far did he run? What time of day? Weather conditions(Sorry...just very **** about details)

Old 11-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

Not a far shot only about 50 yards through the brush. I shot him through a preplanned hole in the brush along a heavy trail. He was following a doe down the trail. I shot him at 9:20 am with a 3006 180 grain silvertip bullet. ( my favorite ) He dropped on the spot. Shot was traveling down through the bottom of his shoulders took out the top of his heart. Overcast about 25 degrees. Field dressed at 168 pounds. Not a real large animal just a very heavy rack. My buddy shot a seven point with not as big a rack but it field dressed at 212 pounds.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

Nice Buck!!!All I've seen this year is 4 pointers and does. Maybe muzzle loader season I'll have better luck.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Very nice buck! That would be going on my wall. I killed a decent 6 with my bow that was 16" wide, just didnt have any brow tines/eye gaurds. My son killed a lil 7pnt during youth season. I killed a 9pnt opening weekend here in east central Mo. I put it in my pics, but they need approved, so if you come back later, check it out. Oh, I think there might be one of my sons first deer in there too. It was an 8pnt and he was only 7. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Good luck to the rest of you!

Old 11-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

[quote]
Originally posted by: MrDumass
Very nice buck! That would be going on my wall.

Want something really impressive for the wall when you hunt Missouri? Check this out...

Deer Story

Old 11-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats man! Very nice buck. Wish I could see something like that here in Pa. I'm actually getting all my stuff ready for monday, cause I won't be back home until about 3A.M. Monday morning. Goodluck to everyone, and congrats to those who got something already!!

Old 11-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on an awsome trophy! I'd love to see something that nice first day. He has alot of character to him.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

It finaly Happened!!! First day of Muzzeloader season. A doe came in and Busted me and kept snorting and stomping her foot and I thought It was all over. A few minunites later look who showed up! Check out my pictures

Quick Reply: Deer Hunting Success in Missouri