Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Price for Used Eiger

Old 11-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price for Used Eiger

I am brand new to the ATV game having just purchased a 2007 Suzuki Eiger auto 4x4. My wife has decided that we can't have just one so need to get another machine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Looking at used just to keep my total costs somewhat reasonable.

There is a 2003 Eiger auto 4x4 in the local paper today. Says it has only 500 miles and is in excellent condition. They are asking $3500. Is this a good price, anybody have experience with this particular model, etc. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks and happy thanksgiving!

Steve

Old 11-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

The brand new 2007 Suzuki Eiger 4x4 semi-automatic is selling for $3999 and the 4x4 full automatic Eiger is selling new for $4299 at my local dealer. The Eiger comes in 3 models a 2 wheel drive, a 4x4 semi-automatic thats gear drive and the 4x4 full automatic thats belt drive. I can't tell you what one to buy but I would highly suggest to purchace the brand new 4x4 semi-automatic gear drive, and don't buy the full automatic belt drive. The semi-automatic gear drive model has much more power and performance, The semi-auto has a 5 speed gear shifter simular to a motorcycle but it still has an automatic clutch, there is no clutch lever to pull, you just shift it in any gear you please while moving, the full automatic belt drive has no gear shift lever and ur held hostage untill the Eiger goes into the gear it pleases. Both Eigers have reverse and high and low range in forward, on the semi-auto you must shift the gear shift lever to neutral then shift it to reverse, on the full auto you must come to a complete stop before shifting into reverse, both 4x4 models have a 2 or 4 wheel drive cable operated lever on the handlebars, you must stop before changing it into 4x4 for saftey reasons. Both 4x4's have limited slip front differentials, they are a bullet proof long in production single cyl oil cooled engine, the Eiger in 4x4 will go anywhere any other 4x4 will go, it only lacks the top speed of the bigger atv's, its not the fastest or quickest, but it will still go anywhere. Personally I don't like the full automatic belt drive model cause its less powerful and the rubber belt will slip if it gets wet or ur running it hard in a pulling or stalling condition. I would suggest to buy a new one instead of used and buying the semi-auto gear drive model over the full automatic belt drive model, they are good atv's one of the better ones, reliiable, easy and cheap to maintain and repair. I own a 2006 semi-auto I abuse it, beat it, I have 550 trouble free miles.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

that sounds like a decent price,talk him down more. do yourself a favor and dont listen to moto150 hes a clown he just got his first atv. dont be afraid of cvt trannys, his eiger will only go threw half the stuff of the big boys, go read some of his posts in the polaris and utility atv forums, you will see why, he says he rides in the toughest stuff there is, he wont even post pics of this, im beginning to think he doesnt even have a atv.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

MOTO

If your dealer is really selling those Eigers for the prices you stated and with no "extras" like you have to buy insurance then I suggest you run down to the bank. Take out a big loan and buy everyone he has because the cheapest price I have found on the net for a new, no strings, auto is $4700.