Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Deer Season

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deer Season

Yet to figure that out, how do you not know what your shooting at. If there is a ? about what your shooting at than don't shoot. No trophy is worth that chance. If you can't ID what your shooting at than don't shoot. You should be able to know how many pts are on the bucks head before you shoot (at least be close).

Senseless hunters don't belong in the woods. Thank God I hunt on private land with other guys that hunt the same way.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deer Season

This was done on private land,I think there is more to the story........stay tuned for an update..

Old 01-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Deer Season

13 Axis deer and 2 whitetail bucks between me,the wife and kid.

Fried axis backstrap for lunch.

Broke the cherry on the 09's with deer gore.

Scored a 37 on Boone and Crocket with a gobbler,hope I don't get bumped out.

I miss the season allready.

Gonna put a tailgate feeder on my X2 this year.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Deer Season

Axis deer? You hunting in India? Maybe a game farm? The Axis in a fenced location?

Old 01-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Deer Season

No,just Texas.

From northern africa,feral in Texas,you can shoot them 24/7/365.

Low fence.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Deer Season

Well,its Feb 1st! Our season ended yesterday,my good friend and hunting companions,put on a low country shrimp boil. Man it would lite your hair up! We partied up to the wee hrs.......great group and mucho fun. I came in 5th on deer scoring.One of my friends took 2nd place with a buck he shot out of my stand, I was very happy for him...7 mnths for the fall,an I can't wait!48 deer taken. 30 does and 18 bucks. 6pt and better.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Deer Season

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pwillie

Well,its Feb 1st! Our season ended yesterday,my good friend and hunting companions,put on a low country shrimp boil. Man it would lite your hair up! We partied up to the wee hrs.......great group and mucho fun. I came in 5th on deer scoring.One of my friends took 2nd place with a buck he shot out of my stand, I was very happy for him...7 mnths for the fall,an I can't wait!48 deer taken. 30 does and 18 bucks. 6pt and better.</end quote></div>

Congrats; thats a lot of deer. How many hunters in all?

Old 02-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Deer Season

Thanks Dee! We have ten members,and a couple have a son.I like to help the kids get there first deer.2100 acres of pine and oak trees (white and red oak mostly)Farms all around us that plant corn,cotton,soy beans,and winter oats along with abruzzi rye grass.The land has hills and creek bottoms,which or good cover for the deer.I have been hunting in the area for over 20 yrs. We have shots up to 500yds,with most in the 150-200 yd range.'Bama is real resonable about the deer harvest.2 does or a doe and a buck each day. 'Bama is second only to Texas for the deer population.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Deer Season

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pwillie

Thanks Dee! We have ten members,and a couple have a son.I like to help the kids get there first deer.2100 acres of pine and oak trees (white and red oak mostly)Farms all around us that plant corn,cotton,soy beans,and winter oats along with abruzzi rye grass.The land has hills and creek bottoms,which or good cover for the deer.I have been hunting in the area for over 20 yrs. We have shots up to 500yds,with most in the 150-200 yd range.'Bama is real resonable about the deer harvest.2 does or a doe and a buck each day. 'Bama is second only to Texas for the deer population.</end quote></div>

Sounds like you have a great place to hunt - is it your privately owned place or do you lease it? I know in Tx lots of guys lease their hunting land. I live in So Cal near a national forrest so can hunt there, but I also own land in Mn. I have rela-ticks that have probable a total of 40,000 acres near mine, but I'm not good enough to hunt most of it.

How do the numbers work? 10 hunters X 2 tags each = 48 deer? I know some folks that have the wife buy tags too, but are not actually "hunters"....

Not sure about the population thing - this year (well, fall of 08 season) in Mn you could buy 5 tags...only one buck tag, though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Deer Season

WE(the club members) or on some private land and timberland that is contiguous with our base camp.WE also lease land next our farm land,and its about 200 acres.'Bama doesn't have many large tracts left,and most of it is State forest that you can get permits to hunt on. I don't hunt on public land anymore,after the nut case came by me one morning playing his boom box,and carrying a firearm.The best lands or in the black belt region,which stretches from just south of Montgomery,Al. east and west from Mississippi to the Georgia line. I live in a hundred mile radius of a trophy buck,or a trophy blue marlin.And many golf coarses,criss cross our state(I don't play golf)

Quick Reply: Deer Season