Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Deer Season

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deer Season

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pwillie

WE(the club members) or on some private land and timberland that is contiguous with our base camp.WE also lease land next our farm land,and its about 200 acres.'Bama doesn't have many large tracts left,and most of it is State forest that you can get permits to hunt on. I don't hunt on public land anymore,after the nut case came by me one morning playing his boom box,and carrying a firearm.The best lands or in the black belt region,which stretches from just south of Montgomery,Al. east and west from Mississippi to the Georgia line. I live in a hundred mile radius of a trophy buck,or a trophy blue marlin.And many golf coarses,criss cross our state(I don't play golf)</end quote></div>

Is that a club y'all put together of just your buddies, or is that a club for anyone? I didn't know you had to get a special permit to hunt the state forest. I've had a couple run ins with the bunny huggers out here in So Cal, but they run off quick when I remind them that it's illegal to harass hunters... The worst thing is other hunters, but I'm yet to see one with a boom box... I live 15 minutes from a national forest and 15 minutes from the ocean. I don't play golf either but I can think of at least 6 golf courses (probable more) and 3 breweries within that same 15 minutes!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 06:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deer Season

I hunted in a club next to the one I am now hunting. When the farmer decided to not renew our lease,so I asked the president of the club I am now in,if he had any openings.He said he might have one. I went to the annual meeting in July,and low and behold only one member out of nine had shown up. Man was he glad to see me. I brought almost all of my old members over, and that was 10 yrs ago.We have a great group. The story about the boom box is one of many that plagues our hunting in our state.Night hunting is not as bad as it once was,the mechanical deer has taken its toll on the poachers.Also,this year the state has upped the fines to make it not worthwhile to night hunt.Only drunks and fools do it now.