Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Best winch for the money

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best winch for the money

I've had nothing but problems with superwinch. For large winches for trucks and SUVs I've ran into numerous problems with ramsey and finally gave up on them. Always had good luck with big warn winches and the one warn ATV winch I had, one of their smaller ones, was great.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried to post this last night: Several people on the forum said Ramseys were good but I've never had one. I've only had Warn and don't see any reason to switch to an inferior brand.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Inferior Brand? Your smoking Hashish! Or something...I have had one Warn winch,and it worked very well except for the big celenoid box on the front. I have had at least 7 different Ramseys and one Superwinch.The Ramseys never failed me in the River swamps,The Superwinch was replaced and fixed for two seasons of hunting,and I want buy anymore.I have a 5000 lb Ramsey on my Rhino and have had it submerged and it still comes out fine.I believe in overkill. Warn has a name you pay for! Just like Honda.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:03 AM
Moto Psycho

I haven't smoked hash since I got back from Europe back in the 80s, and like Slick Willie, I didn't inhale. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I believe there are brands inferior to Warn. Maybe not Ramsey because, like I said earlier, most people say they're good. I don't know for sure. But I hear a lot of negative comments on three other brands, and I won't buy them because I think they're not as good as Warn, or Ramsey.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

I haven't smoked hash since I got back from Europe back in the 80s, and like Slick Willie, I didn't inhale. [img][/img]

I believe there are brands inferior to Warn. Maybe not Ramsey because, like I said earlier, most people say they're good. I don't know for sure. But I hear a lot of negative comments on three other brands, and I won't buy them because I think they're not as good as Warn, or Ramsey.</end quote></div>

Just pulling your chain.....about the smokin!...I think a warn is a good winch,but I prefer the Ramsey because of the profile and size. Neither of them is cheap![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Range Rover

I'd go WARN - we use them on Forestry work with no problems. Shop around - some good deals on eBay. And yes, thgey are overpriced...BUT on some cheaper ones the manufacturers take a bigger profit cut.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Trailblazer

Went to costco and picked up 2 champion winches 2500 pounds each ,mounted front and rear on Honda 4tracs .Paid $80.00 each ...still happy !

Old 09-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just ordered a Viper. I called and asked about a couple of different brands. Most were close together. Lady at Motoalliance (Viper) put them WAY over the top.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

This best atv winch reviews article for you

Old 12-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by Richard Anderson
This best atv winch reviews article for you
The link sends me to Best OBD2 Scanner Reviews 2016. No winches.

Quick Reply: Best winch for the money