Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Panther Caught On Tape Near Pittsburgh

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panther Caught On Tape Near Pittsburgh

one guy that i know told me that once he shot a deer and went back to get it alittle after dark and he heard the sound of a big cat , and one walked cross the road n front of him , he started to shot it, but was afraid hed go to jail (but i wasnt there , but he aint never lied to me before)

Old 11-26-2008, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

There isn't anything in the video to give ti scale s it is impossible to tell how big -or small- the feline in question is. It might just be a large housecat. It might be an escaped exotic cat of some sort. It is impossible to tell from just the video.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree,...lots of stuff floating around about all kinds of creatures with todays tech.If you can dr. a pic of Sara Palin to look like John McCain,anything is possible....

Old 11-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

I get a kick out of what people say when they obviously have no clue what they're talking about. A bobcat with a tail like that? LOL! A black mountain lion? LOL! Please stick to quads and leave the hunting and game identification to those that know that bobcats don't have 2 1/2 ft tails and know that there has NEVER been a black mountain lion, EVER.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:04 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Like I said the video was a black cat next to a tree,question is how big was the tree?

Old 11-26-2008, 01:13 PM

who said a black mountain lion , they def aint black

Old 11-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Here is the other story I was talking about less than a year ago, click the link HERE

Old 11-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The video was so small I couldn't tell if it was a cat or a weasel, but it looked black. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] People in Flint Twp., MI are always seeing "mountain lions" but no one in the city of Flint sees them. It's mostly developed in the township but I know there are some deer and probably coyotes there. I just doubt the mountain lion stories. One of my uncles swears he saw a kangaroo jump over a road in the U.P. Some people think animals like that can teleport themselves all over the world so people see them where they don't belong. Scotty, prepare to beam me up. I still haven't seen any proof.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

I have seen a panther. It was about an hour north of kansas city outside a small rural community. I watched it through a rifle scope at about 100 yards for about 30 seconds in a mowed pasture while deer hunting. It was about 10 years ago and a couple people a month would see it. In that same vicinity I also saw a mountain lion. The panther looked just like a black mountain lion. We also have at least one mountain lion here in one of the suburbs of kansas city. No I havent been drinking and no they are not bobcats either. I have seen a lot of bobcats also. My friend trapped a 55 pound bobcat. It was impressive but it looked nothing like a mountain lion. I was raised in the country and have been outdoors hunting and fishing all my life. I recently saw a wildlife show that had documented, I believe they were leopards in texas that had migrated north from south and or central america.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

The video was so small I couldn't tell if it was a cat or a weasel, but it looked black. [img][/img] People in Flint Twp., MI are always seeing "mountain lions" but no one in the city of Flint sees them. It's mostly developed in the township but I know there are some deer and probably coyotes there. I just doubt the mountain lion stories. One of my uncles swears he saw a kangaroo jump over a road in the U.P. Some people think animals like that can teleport themselves all over the world so people see them where they don't belong. Scotty, prepare to beam me up. I still haven't seen any proof.</end quote></div>

Do you mean flint michigan just north of detroit?I have family in detroit and flint.i asked because the ones in flint have quads that they ride on.

Quick Reply: Panther Caught On Tape Near Pittsburgh