Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Three New Riders

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three New Riders

Greetings Everyone!

After renting ATV's on a few occasions and immediately getting hooked, my wife, my son (age 13) and I just bought three new 2008 Polaris Sportman 500 EFI's along with a Triton trailer. If everything comes together, we'll be picking them up from the dealer this coming weekend. We figure that this will provide us with a great deal of family fun and plan to use them primarily for general trail riding.... meaning we won't be out jumping over sand dunes etc. Living in Wisconsin, we have a fair amount of nice ATV trails. These will also see some general utility use for things like snow plowing and ice fishing.

As for ATV add on's, for now, I'm just having the dealer setup my quad with a Warn winch. I don't want to rush into buying add on 's until I've explored my options and have a better idea of what best meets my needs. I've got a fairly substantial list put together of add on's we'll need/want such as front & rear brush guards and rear rack trunk/bags etc. The longer list is everything we may need to bring with us on the trails like: tire repair kit, first aid, sun screen, extra gas, gps... I'm sure you all know how the long the list can be.

We'll be taking an ATV safety class as a family and my son will get his required ATV safety certificate.

I am looking for some suggestions on helmet's as I've gotten differing advice. As such, I'll post a question in the general area on this site where I believe this question would be addressed.

Thanks for reading!
Don

Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

For 3 quads I would consider having 2 with winches. I'd ride with the winchless quad in the middle. That way the middle quad, if stuck, can be pulled out either direction depending on conditions.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums

Old 06-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

Welcome !! Sounds like you have everything planned for some quality family adventures!! Grats on the new bikes.

Seeing as you're somewhat new to this sort of thing, here is a thread that you might find helpfull.
http://forums.atvconnection.com/pola...ght=items+pack

Old 06-11-2009, 02:01 AM
Range Rover

yeah! welcome guys!! enjoy your stay!!!