Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

lawn tractor plow used for atv?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lawn tractor plow used for atv?

Hi I am new to this whole thing but I have a question and looking for advice on how to do this.

I bought a craftsman 48" plow that was used on a lawn tractor/lawnmower/garden tractor what ever you want to call it, anyway I thought i would be able to mount it to my 87 honda fourtrax 350. i knew i would have to do some fabercation of some sort but not real sure on where to start. i bought the fourtrax for like 500$ and the plow for like $40 so as you can see i have not spent alot of money nor do i want to spend a lot. i bought the trax for a work horse and it has for sure seen better days but for 500 i couldnt turn it down. anyway anyone know how i could do this?

Old 11-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

I did this same thing with an old cub cadet plow and a 2004 kodiak 400. All I did was fab a mounting plate that would fasten to the plow and made sure it was big enought to bolt to my quad frame. I used 4 u bolts and bolted two to the runners of the frame and two to a cross member just in front of the frame. I started by finding the shape of the actual mounting bracket from warn for my quad and looked at how it mounted and then figure out how I could get the plow to attach/detach from the mounting plate with two pins. Hope this helps.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:15 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

You just have to do some fab work but a plow is a plow. If its a 2wd ATV chains on the rear tires help alot, they help even if its a 4x4 as well.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well it has a single push tube it's long enough to reach to the hitch in the back. Should I cut that off after a few inches after the pivot or should I just cut it off completely fab a new pivot and just connect it to the front? It just seems like if I do that it will be weak. I looked at a couple full body mounts but they have 2 arms comming off the pivot. I seen a video on YouTube called homemade plow it looked well put together but there isn't a lot to mount to in the front. Do you just have a picture that I might be able to go off of? Ill look on warn maybe that will give me a better idea.

Yeah I plan on getting some chains I pretty rough dirt driveway and I don't wanted to be getting stuck every 2 mins.