Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New Guy in SE MO

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy in SE MO

Hi Everyone,
Just bought my first Sport quad . I have had many Utility Quads in the past but upon reviewing the current makes and models and upon my OPINION (may not be yours) the best quad i could Purchase for sport riding on mainly trails was a KTM Powered Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS. I mainly ride in trails and a few open fields . In Southern Missouri we have St. joe State Park . Its 3500 acres of excruciating trails/hill climbs and also has about 1000 acres of sand flats . I have Ridden Dirt Bikes here for years and broke my Ankle last fall and Figured i might be Safer (Never Fully safe) but safER on 4 wheels than 2. I love this quad it has plenty of power right out of the Box and as far as a powerplant IMO its the Best bang for the buck coming equipped with Fox Shocks. I purchased it 2 weeks ago from a dealer in illinois . I have been searching for one for several years that i felt comfortable dropping the cash on. I bought a 2008 Outlaw 525 IRS . I looked up the title for this bike and it was owned by a 65 year old man before the dealer had it. it doesnt have an hour-meter on it but everyone of my friends comment on how clean this looks it had no dirt anywhere... everything was oiled Properly had plenty of grease on each a-arm nipple . Just a bike that looked Showroom New. Still had the Side Nipples on the Stock Tires . I cant say enough what an awesome purchase this was and im completely satisfied with the $3,250.00 I paid for it. with all that said Hello To all and thanks for letting me tell my story!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer

Welcome to forum and congrats finding machine in such pristine condition and KTM is one of the few 2 wd sports quads I would want but those barely used IRS units doesn't lay around on every corner..

Old 04-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Guys Hopefully nothing pops up I didnt know about... I am Fearing the Worst as other Bikes ive seen in this condition are going for 42-4600$ range. So im a Bit Skeptical but i couldnt find or hear anything that bothered me and I already installed a Pig-tail on the battery for a Battery-tender . I did replace a few of the Front A-arm bushing just from the Plastic Dry-Rot... Thats what lead me to believe its never been off-road...But none-the-less 25$ plastic bushing kit and 20 minutes of my time wasn't bad at all..

Old 05-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome

Old 05-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome.