Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New Member - Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - Chicago

Hi Everyone,

I work for the manufacturer of the STA-BILŽ Brand. We are here to help protect the fuel system of your ATV or any other gas powered equipment you have. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any fuel related questions.

Have a great day!

STA-BILŽ

Old 12-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Welcome to the forums and thanks for being a site sponsor.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Welcome to the forums and thanks for being a site sponsor.
Thank you! We are happy to be a sponsor. Feel free to reach out if you ever have a fuel related question.

Have a great day

Old 12-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome to the forums. I use Sta-Bil around this time every year to winterize my summer gas engines. Works great.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I use the StaBil purple (marine grade) not the red stuff. I was told the marine grade Sta-Bil was better.
Is that true?

Old 12-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Welcome!

Old 12-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mtpockets
I use the StaBil purple (marine grade) not the red stuff. I was told the marine grade Sta-Bil was better.
Is that true?
mtpockets,

So it is not necessarily better, but different. STA-BILŽ Storage (red) is technically our most effective fuel stabilizer. While it is effective for stabilizing all ethanol blended gasoline, it is not our most effective "ethanol treatment".

STA-BILŽ Marine has a much higher concentration of fuel system cleaner and rust & corrosion inhibitors which is more necessary for an ethanol treatment (especially in a marine/high moisture environment).

The difference is that when you switch from a fuel stabilizer to an ethanol treatment you have to change up the chemistry a bit. Since you cram a lot more of the cleaner and corrosion inhibitor package into Marine, you lose a little of that fuel stabilizer capability. Because of this, we just recommend that if you want to store with STA-BILŽ Marine you double the dose to receive the best stabilizing capabilities.

I would be wary of any one additive that makes a lot of claims. The reason being that if it makes a ton of claims, it probably doesn't do any one of them very well. For that reason, we have made very specific products that make a few claims.

Hopefully all of that rambling made sense! Please let me know if I can help clarify that any further.

Have a great day

Old 12-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Good stuff to know. Thanks!

Old 12-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Very good info. Thank you!
I wish you could post this EXCELLENT info somewhere in our Forum where general info is needed. Most folks don't visit the "New Member" section.
Very valuable info that all should read and benefit from.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Glad you're on board!! Just my on this. I've used both and marine Stabil has worked a lot better for me and yes I double dose. My cycle,lawn mower and my sons' pontoon fuel tank. Same as I've heard over the years to always keep a full tank of fuel,my 92 Honda doesn't have a speck of corrosion in the tank.Only thing I can add is if feasible to crank engines up now and then even with Stabil,especially on carb models. Fuel can evaporate from carb bowls through vent lines and small pilot jets can stop up from moisture accumulation in dry bowls. Found that out the hard way and it's ain't fun to have to pull 4 carbs just to clean pilot jets.

Quick Reply: New Member - Chicago