Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Rear diff oil change help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 11:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear diff oil change help

I have a Kawasaki bayou 220 and I am changing the rear diff oil. How much do I put in? I am not sure how much to put in because there is a leak out the rear right wheel and I'm not sure if the oil level is lower than usual. The full cap is on top and the drain cap is on the bottom there is no check plug. Can someone tell me asap bcc I already have it drained

Old 03-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Fill it until the oil is at the bottom of the fill hole. You really should get your leak fixed first, then go with full synthetic gear oil as it is much better for your diff.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer

I put just over 8oz in which is what I think was recommended and the leak is vary small and almost unnoticeable. When I was putting the drain bolt back in it felt like it was tightish but I could still turn it easily and I kept tightening and it broke inside. It does not leak so it should be fine for now. ****.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Ross.B
I have a Kawasaki bayou 220 and I am changing the rear diff oil. How much do I put in? I am not sure how much to put in because there is a leak out the rear right wheel and I'm not sure if the oil level is lower than usual. The full cap is on top and the drain cap is on the bottom there is no check plug. Can someone tell me asap bcc I already have it drained
I changed the seals and bearings on my rear differential, is super easy. You should be able to disassemble the rear diff to remove that broken drain plug. Good luck