Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New from Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Minnesota

I just found this forum and it looks good. I'm new to ATV. My son-in-law just gave me a 2001 YAHAMA Big Bear 400 in PERFECT shape and it'll be handy here since I live in the country on 10 acres with my wife Jo. I'm into ham radio, I play banjo and mandolin (a little), fly fishing, some blacksmithing, native American history and crafts, black powder and metal detect a little. I'm a retired AF electronics tech and I hope to learn to learn a lot from all of you and make some friends here. I'm new to this so I have EVERYTHING to learn.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:36 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well hello uncle levi: A big welcome to the ATV Connection. I have found the folks here very good and very helpful when there is a mechanical issue with the ATV.

I retired and moved to Colorado to be close to our sons. My new Colorado friends got me interested in the ATV hobby last fall, so I purchased one last winter. I am a rank rookie, but I've enjoyed it so far. I pushed snow with it this winter. It worked pretty good, but not as good as a snowblower. My ATV plows snow best on long, farmhouse lanes where you don't have to turn around much and you have plenty of room to the side to pile the snow. Shifting and lifting the blade is kind of a hassle on my ATV.

We lived in Minnesota for 27 years, half of which was in Delano, just east of you on Hiway 12. I've been through Dassel many times, and know Litchfield quite well. There are several other participants here from Minnesota as well. Maybe Dassel allows ATVs on the streets or country roads? I know Watertown, MN, does. Colorado does not, at least not yet.

Glad to meet you

David

Old 05-14-2017, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums!