Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Honda Recon 250 ATV Running Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 07:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Recon 250 ATV Running Problems

I have 1986 honda Recon 250. It will start and run for about a mile and then quits. After cooling down it will repeat itself. I did see that the oil was Milky
White. Blown Head Casket? Any ideas.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello brandrj01: Welcome to the ATV connection. Your problem with the Honda 250 is very typical of the posts on these Forums. There are many technicians who know your machine quite well and would be happy to help you diagnose the problem.

Your first post is in the "introduce yourself" Forum. Most folks post their ATV experience here and maybe reasons they decided to join up.

Your technical question will be best served if you post in the "brands discussion area" and then Honda. Milky oil is almost always a sign of water in the oil. The head gasket is a typical reason. Water pump seals leaking into the crankcase is another.
I think the motor quitting after it gets warmed up is a different issue. The Honda is the Forum that Honda enthusiasts follow and will more likely reply to your post with better information than I can give.

Forum use introductions aside, the good folks here always welcome a new ATV enthusiasts. It's a fun hobby with a lot of mechanical involvement along with the trail rides.

David