Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New guy looking into getting a new atv!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Best piece of advice I can give you is to NOT ride two people on a one person machine. The local police and DNR folks will be more than happy to write an expensive ticket for riding two up on a one person machine. Now just a little experience from a seasoned rider....wife and I each had our own quad to ride and did so for many years. Her biggest complaint was not being able to talk to me while riding. A few years back she had hip replacement surgery and throwing a leg over the atv was not much fun so we sold our atv's and went with a UTV....what a great improvement!! No looking back, much more comfortable riding, we can talk while riding and carry much more gear for our own comfort. A steering wheel is much easier than handlebars in rough terrain so if your wife is really interested do yourself a favor and give a good look at a side x side, they can be bought for only a little more than a good quad and are so much more versatile!!

Old 07-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Oakleyguy89
Dont the sportsmans have issues with water getting into the clutch housing and messing up the belts?
Nope. In all my riding with mostly Polaris and Can-Am machines, ranging from 2000 model year to 2016, I've only seen one wet belt. Guy got stuck in a deep mud/water hole. Kept spinning his tires and dub even deeper. I think water got in the intake of the CVT and his belt slipped. Pulled him out, drained the water through the drain plug, and we were back on the trail in 15 minutes. I've probably ridden with 70-80 different people and over 8,000 miles on machines with belts and never had one failure. You just have to learn to drive in low when you should be in low and high when going fast.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:57 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hydrex: What a great find. Congratulatons on the new machine. My buddies here in Colorado both have 2014 700 TUVs and love them. They both trail ride and plow snow with them. I've taken two trail rides now with those Cats. They perform beautifully on the rough trails I've been on. Both gents have ridden ATVs for over 25 years and now the various brands quite well. I was headed for the Polaris dealer last December; made a wrong turn, and ended up with a Can Am. No regrets so far. My friends were perplex on why not the Arctic Cat. It was a much better value.

David

Attached Thumbnails New guy looking into getting a new atv!-1707-high-point-1-small-.jpg