Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Honda TRX 250 won't run .....now we'll naffed off

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda TRX 250 won't run .....now we'll naffed off

Hi I'm new so please excuse me if I've asked this in the wrong place.
I have a Honda TRX 250 fourtrax it sat for 2 years then wouldn't run and fuel poured out of the overflow, so I emptied fuel tank, removed carb and took it to my local ATV centre to have the carb " sonically cleaned". I thought I was being smart and marked the breather pipes, not so smart, when it came back the marks were also "sonically cleaned" off. I asked the atv centre for help but he says he has not seen an atv carb with as many pipes on it and doesn't know where they all go !!
I've put the carb back on and obviously know where the fuel pipe goes but the rest is guess work and I'm running out of guesses.
It won't run at all without choke, then stalls when you try to pull away and it's now really doing my head in. I'm not a mechanic by any means but can usually bumble through, thing is I now think I've got multiple problems. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated cheers. Steve North Wales UK.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:37 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Check out the Honda section for help on this. Lots of good tips and advice there.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome.