Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New but have a lot of years working with all engines and manufacturers,

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 02:31 AM
Yamaha_Ripper89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New but have a lot of years working with all engines and manufacturers,

Been working on engines from the time I was a kid and learned just about all types and models and how they work and why, natural curiosity has taught me over the years many tricks and also, what not to do in many situations.! if you can’t admit you’ve messed up before and claim to know it all your only bullshitting yourself there is ALWAYS more to learn.

However i I know my 3 wheelers and other bikes inside and out and also many interchangeable parts for discontinued models parts so feel free to ask me questions and I’ll do my best to assist you... I enjoy it and have people local call and drop things off to be repaired a lot.. never advertised just word of mouth is the best advertisement around!! Quality work and knowing the interchangeable parts and tricks of the trade let others do your advertising! It’s free and more people trust you this way... now everywhere there are know it all type and they bring stuff and try to argue this and that won’t work or they have tried it... so sometimes just say too busy and let them leave... done many times and I’m sure it’s gonna happen again many more... but if they know so much why they ever call or pull in my driveway??? Lol sometimes they come back and apologize. Others come back and say I did what I had explained and it worked thank me and then we normally become somewhat friends.. they just don’t always think a person younger than them can know, things I’ve learned...

engines are like a Manuel take them apart look at wear marks and patterns and it all explains what’s needed to correct the issues... just have to learn the language then do what’s needed to best correct the issue.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:50 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:38 AM
Yamaha_Ripper89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After powder coating the start of reassembling
After having it all together and running first day in the yard only.
Rear mono shock seal is going bad got about 80% capacity now... luckily within 30 miles there is a great shop going to rebuild it for me, hate to put a Warrior or 2001 raptor 660 shock on when I’ll lose all the adjustments on the stock reservoir. And it would sit 2or so inches taller... could adjust but I want my stock z shock rebuilt before going them routes.
Good shape when started and really nice now.
Has almost all factory decals still in place, including boost bottle and rear fender stickers on sides, behind seat and the two under the seat
Cracked radiator shroud on this side but I have now ones already just haven’t drilled the holes yet for screws and rubber grommets..

Traded even for this 86 ytz250s 6 speed for my outgrown 2001 yz80 top pic is what it was when I went for the trade pic 2 after cleaning the oil off the fenders that actually helped to preserve them. Pic 3 all but fork boots new tires and a decal set it still looks like this now 97%
Bad photo, old flip phone and first z purchase... 213$ lol asked 250 but I had 213 and they took it
Primer after tear down and sandblasting.
Just parts everywhere ready to be cleaned and plastics sanded and wet sanded.
Roller ready.
Waiting for engine parts and seals at this time.
Frame curing in living room with heat I used left over auto paint for this frame and my first restore around age 14-15
As it is now. Stock tires from another parts bike but they was in good shape.
Looks good all but front fender, just faded to much and couldn’t sand it back to bright yellow, maybe I will order one sometime. But no rush at the moment.

Order I got them was yellow 85, white & red 86 and then 85.5 last