Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New husban and wife members

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New husban and wife members

My wife and I are getting back into riding ATV's again. We both had Honda Big Red's when we lived up near Erie, PA several years ago. Many good times on those old machines. My wife was able to buy a nice 2007 Honda Fourtrax 250 Recon off my old boss. Canary yellow in color, runs really nice, just needs a new battery. And tonight I am going to look at and probably by myself another old Honda Big Red ATC 3 wheeler. Grew up on them, and know how to ride them. Neither of us are into jumps and extreme riding. Just enjoy exploring trails and back country camping. We now live about an hour north of Indianapolis, and a hour from the Badlands off road park, and there are a couple legal places down in southern Indiana to ride. I am on the autism spectrum, so I really enjoy the alone and quiet time back in the woods on the trails. Great place to unwind after a long week at work. Mike and Michele T

Old 05-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the Connection, folks!

Old 05-05-2018, 08:47 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:00 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello from Colorado: Welcome back to the ATV hobby. It is a great way to get out in the back country and see some nature. It is cool you folks enjoy the older designed machines instead of these modern 90 horse monsters. I think the Big Red started the "utility" side of the ATV market where farmers and ranchers found them quite useful. In fact, Honda started the whole ATV hobby back in the early 70s.

Jump right in these Forums and share your experiences.

David

Old 05-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome back into the game, just thought I might throw out a word of caution here, as well as you might like the ole 3 wheelers, be aware that many places no longer allow them on there property...and that is both public and private riding areas. In my areas they are not allowed unless on your own private property. It is the insurance companies that dictate this, but please check it out before you spend your hard earned money. I do have to admit though, there are some really nice features on the newer machines that just weren't there many years back.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Both places we plan to ride have no restrictions on them, one of them hosts a trike fest with loads of 3 wheelers brought in. I did pick up a '82 Honda Big Red for a good price, got her running, working on getting the front brakes working and replacing a few frozen cables. Should have the battery for her's later this week. She has the nice 2007 Recon 25 with shaft drive and reverse. When she had her 200es 3 wheeler back when we lived in Erie, PA., pushing herself back was hard for her as she has a bad knee. So the reverse is helpful for her. Mike

Old 05-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I will get pics of them here soon, both are buried in the garage at the moment. I have all the plastics off the Big Red as I need to replace the muffler and do some wiring work before I put them back on. Thanks for the welcome. Mike and Michele T

Old 05-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here are our two rides, hers is ready to go other than legal paper work as it does not have a title(yes I have bill of sales on both of them). My old ATC is running, but still a work in progress, still have no lights or electric start, voltage regulator is blown(stator is good though). Only found one fuse, so I am not sure if the bad VR is preventing the electrics from working as I had jumper cables to the battery cables and still had nothing. I did ride her around our yard a bit today after the neighbor patched up the muffler. Need a whole need seat on mine, even the pan is busted up, so recovering isnt an option. Anyhow, here they are. Mike the Aspie