Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

2009 sportsman 850xp display stays lit when key is off

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 sportsman 850xp display stays lit when key is off

I've got a 2009 850xp that the display stays lit up when I shut the key off. I haven't checked the draw on the battery but that seems irrelevant. It sparks plenty when I hook the battery up. It holds 12.5 volts all the time. The battery isn't 6 months old. I checked my ground at the plug on the back of the display and had 0 ohms of resistance. I unplugged the display and hooked the negative post back up on the battery and the draw disappears.
Any ideas? I've got the repair manual from Polaris and haven't found anything in it that pertains to my issue.

Thanks
Sam

Old 08-29-2018, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just read the no question statement.

Originally Posted by Gross1981
I've got a 2009 850xp that the display stays lit up when I shut the key off. I haven't checked the draw on the battery but that seems irrelevant. It sparks plenty when I hook the battery up. It holds 12.5 volts all the time. The battery isn't 6 months old. I checked my ground at the plug on the back of the display and had 0 ohms of resistance. I unplugged the display and hooked the negative post back up on the battery and the draw disappears.
Any ideas? I've got the repair manual from Polaris and haven't found anything in it that pertains to my issue.

Thanks
Sam

I've been riding 4 wheelers for 20 some years. My first atv was a 2003 Honda Rancher. Still have it. Liked it so much I bought my daughter one just like it and gave mine to my son.
I bought a NEW 2009 850xp in 2011 for a great price. Yes new just out of the crate in the spring of 2011. Had pretty good luck with it so far. Tore a couple CV boots, broke a skidplate, installed steel bumpers as soon as I got it home, installed a warn winch, and other regular maintenance items.
I don't typically ride my bikes too hard, mostly work around the house and trail ride. One of my pet peeves is things that don't work the way should. Having said that I keep my bikes working the way they did from new. They all show their experiences but you can jump on any of them and go.