Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

92' Yamaha Timberwolf & '98 Yamaha Big Bear

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 12:00 AM
Classic Yamaha Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 92' Yamaha Timberwolf & '98 Yamaha Big Bear

Hello,
I'm new here. I started my ATV interest last spring when COVID put everyone just about at home. Being a car enthusiast and wrench turner already, I decided I wanted to pursue learning more about aspects of vehicles my experience was light on. And what better way than to buy a project and get right into it.
In June of last year I picked up a '92 Yamaha Timberwolf that needed some serious TLC. Previous owner said it had a busted ring gear and it didnt run due to sitting for a couple years. After testing into it turns out it was just a stripped rear axle which was a lot cheaper than a new rear diff.
After a carb rebuild, new rear tires and brakes, and some serious cleaning she was purring like a kitten. I also added a Trailtech Stryker and a 2500 lb winch. Here she is as it sits currently.

As fun as the Timberwolf is to ride and respectable off road, it's not a 4x4. A recent trip to River Run ATV Park left me wishing I had a 4x4. So I had been looking for a deal on another classic 4 wheeler and happened to find a very nice '98 Yamaha Big Bear. It was for sale by the original owner and was in good running shape. The price was right so I made a road trip last week and picked it up. Heres a pic right after some fun in the snow we got here in Texas.

I haven'T had a chance to really go through the Big Bear yet like I have the Timberwolf but I'm already looking to install a jet kit and maybe a slip on or clutch kit.

Thanks for reading!

Old 02-18-2021, 08:08 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Nice looking ride.

The following users liked this post:
FlawleZ (02-18-2021)