Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

No spark at plug

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 03:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark at plug

So brought my son a Kymco maxxer 90cc quad for Christmas, I’ve had to do engine rebuild so whilst engine was out ive sprayed the frame, put engine back in and forgot to sand down ground earth points, i then realized what I did so sort them, but in the mean time I was messing around with it trying to work out why no spark when my friend put my red jump lead (which was live as was charging battery from my van) so he put red jump lead onto the green pin on the ignition coil and basically blow it up, but hole in it and smoked, I’ve now got ground earth but still have no spark, I’m wondering if his fried the CDI unit as the black/yellow wire was still attach to coil at time and this leads straight to CDI unit,, Any help would be great as only 3 days left for crimbo lol. I’ve replaced ignition coil but still no spark