Kawasaki Side by Sides Talk about the rugged Kawasaki Sport and Utility

Looking at a Teryx

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Looking at a Teryx

I now own a Rhino(06) and am thinking about a Teryx. Question,do you own one and would you by another? Also,how about the the quietness? Better or worse than the Rhino?FI? How well does it work? How do you like the V Twin Engine? Build quality? Thanks for any help,Willie

Old 12-08-2009, 08:34 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's just as loud. I thought the springs were a little stiffer on the teryx and of course the teryx is a little wider, but overall they ride very similar. I like the push button differential lock on the Rhino MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the manual operated one on the teryx. Don't have FI because mine is a 2008. The 750 runs stronger than the 660 but I haven't had a chance to get in a 700 Rhino yet. The new FI Teryx and 700 Rhino are supposed to run pretty even.

Would I buy it again??? Maybe. But I'd be tempted to buy a 6 seater Polaris Ranger at this point.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 09 FI Teryx and so far I love it. I'm not sure how the other brands FI work but the Kawi FI takes some getting use to. The build quality seems fine. I really like the ride quality and I just added a cage extension/2 bucket seats for the kids.

At this point I would buy another Teryx in a heart beat.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Range Rover

I have a 2008 Teryx so I don't have EFI but I have really enjoyed it, It defiantly has a little more power then the Rhino 660 of course with the bigger motor and being a v-twin I would defiantly buy another especially now that they are fuel injected and have made many improvements on the 2009 and newer models.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Have a 09 Sport,great machine on build quality the tryx is a tank the frame,a arms,axles are much more durable than most.I ride with guys that ride rzrs,ranger xp,s and rhinos they all have there good and bad points. Overall would take a tryx over any.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought a used 2008 and it can be a ton of fun but; it is in the shop right now because the air filter design allowed dirt in. $1500-2500. Really annoyed by this. I'm told I should service the air filter every ride. ridiculously poor engineering. It's loud and hot too. on the plus side the chassis rides and handles well. I have a 03 Honda Rubicon with 4000 miles that has the air filter serviced once or twice a year. ALWAYS starts. ALWAYS runs. NEVER uses oil. Come on Can't any one make a sporty sxs that isn't weak and needy?

Old 07-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

The only thing I didn't like when I tried the Teryx out is that the pedals are way too high off the floor. It's not at all like a car where you just pivot your foot off your heel and hit the brake. I have size 13 feet (yes, moose sized) and found I had to lift my foot off the gas, move it back and over to the left, and then lift again to get my foot on the brake pedal. I felt this was unsafe for me as I was in a line of quads and UTVs and didn't think the time it took to get on the brake was safe.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by CircleV
I bought a used 2008 and it can be a ton of fun but; it is in the shop right now because the air filter design allowed dirt in. $1500-2500. Really annoyed by this. I'm told I should service the air filter every ride. ridiculously poor engineering. It's loud and hot too. on the plus side the chassis rides and handles well. I have a 03 Honda Rubicon with 4000 miles that has the air filter serviced once or twice a year. ALWAYS starts. ALWAYS runs. NEVER uses oil. Come on Can't any one make a sporty sxs that isn't weak and needy?
I now have 1500 mi. on the 09 Sport, no problems, it is loud in the cab because of the engine location, but also very stable because of it. Have been with Polaris xp's and rzr's when they rolled doing the same obstacles and never even had it on two wheels. I have four air cleaner elements and change it out every ride. I know of both Teryx's and Rzr's that lunched engines because of dirty filters. I think the way the dust swirl's around the intake area's contributes to the problem, thinking about snorkleing for that reason. The heat in the cab is not a big deal up in the northwoods, and sometimes is realy nice.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by UP Rider
I now have 1500 mi. on the 09 Sport, no problems, it is loud in the cab because of the engine location, but also very stable because of it. Have been with Polaris xp's and rzr's when they rolled doing the same obstacles and never even had it on two wheels.
You think maybe the extra 10" in width might have a little something to do with the stability differences???

Old 11-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

The Ranger XP is wider than the Teryx but still less stable, center of gravity!

Quick Reply: Looking at a Teryx