Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

DG Holeshot P650 Module now

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DG Holeshot P650 Module now

DG just annouced that their first module is now available, this unit is called the "Holeshot" & is aimed at the low to midrange power boost for the Prairie 650's. DG said to expect major power improvements up to the mid-range with NO loss of your present top speed, then next month DG will release a additional "Top-End" module that will work with the Holeshot Module, with the end result being a "Full Race CDI Unit".
The Holeshot Module is going for $99 & is available for shipment next-week.
My ordered hasbeen placed & this "holeshot" module is exactly what I need for my riding needs, as for now, I for 1 do not need the Full Race CDI Module.
Presently as of today 5/14, DG's website does not allow online orders, so you will have to call in the order.
For more updated info on the DG Holeshot, you may want to check with kawieriders dot com & the Prairie forums.
atvconnection will not allow me to enter the above dot com address or www, so do not enter the word "dot".

Old 05-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet this module still requires the factory cdi (sucks to be me) I hope someone has a cdi soon i miss my 650 bad.

Old 05-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Are you talking about DiamondG? Sounds like they're going the same route as all the others. The CDI must be a long way off if they are offering this now.

Old 05-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

I asked the same question on Kawieridersdotcom. His response is that he is still planning to come out w/ a CDI unit, but that is still some weeks away. The holeshot module will actually provide greater punch at the bottom end than the cdi unit would. If I read his response correctly. I guess it is a question of waiting for a CDI unit that will eventually come, just don't know when. OR, grab the power available right now and wait for a top end module to hopefully arrive next month. I am not fully decided, but am pretty sure that I will be making the call to order the holeshot module tomorrow. Better a bird in the hand than two in the bush!

Old 05-14-2003, 10:36 PM
Range Rover

a couple of questions which you might not know the answer to, but I will ask anyway.

1. Is this holeshot module gonna make the bike dangerous out of the hole like the accelration module is reported to do ?

I ride a lot of long steep hills at low speeds, and I don't like to flip over.

2. Also if it does make the easy to flip, wonder if you could put in a primary spring that was the oppsite of the Red and orange ones, and make this bike less aprupt at take off than even the stock spring.

Old 05-14-2003, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

Will the "holeshot" work with the seemingly not so soon to be released CDI?

Old 05-15-2003, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I placed my order for the Diamond G "Holeshot Module", I was told that this Holeshot unit is a 3-wire hook-up to the existing igniter box & CARE has to be used while climbing steep hills, as it will be real easy to bring the front-end off the ground.

You can use just the Holeshot Module by itself, since it is for the low to mid-range powerband improvement & or when the Top-End Module comes out next month, the Top-End Module will tie in with the Holeshot. With both units combined you will have a Full Race CDI unit, which gives you a power boost from low to mid to top end. DG hopes to keep the price at the $99 range for the Top-End Module too.
You can just use the Top-End Module by itself without the "Holeshot" but then your 650 will not have the power improvements in the lower & mid range that the Holeshot will provide, according to Diamond G.

My Holeshot is on order & hopefully will be shipped early next week, Can't wait to take it out for a long test ride!

Trending Topics

Old 05-15-2003, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Is this DG's version of the acceleration box we have been hearing about people in Canada getting?

Old 05-15-2003, 02:38 AM
Range Rover

Is anyone besides me beginning to think these bottom end modules cost $5 to build and 10 of assembly time? Bearman has been working on the CDI for about a year now, with no news other than it will take more time. But these bottom end modules are popping up everywhere since the first place, and it's seems to take only a couple weeks for a company to go from drawing board to full production. They just can't be that hard to build. Has anyone that has one looked inside the box to see what is being paid for?

Old 05-15-2003, 03:16 AM
Range Rover

I am right with you AJ, its funny that all this high and low end modules start coming out in canada, and then all of about a month later DG, is now doing a high and low end module too. hmm, I never herd them mention anything about two modules before now in their many posts on this site.

If I was a betting man I bet this is an exact copy of what their selling in canada, on another sight someone posted a link to the plans to build the low end module about two weeks ago, so I am sure that's what they did, just copied it from the posted plans.

I bet they could not get their full blown CDI to work properly and reliably (raising the rev limit, timing advance, ect.) and now they are gonna give up and just sell copies of these cheap, easy to build modules, that just use a frquency generator to just by-pass the current CDI, that the candadian guy invented, (he got the frequencies out of the service manual I think) so they can make a quick easy buck and recoup all their R+D costs.

This is a real bummer for me. Because, My mom and step dad like to borrow my quad and ride it around the yard, up the road etc, and so does my girlfriend. It sucks that this low end modules hit so hard, I would be afraid to let any novice rider ride my quad.

I hope I am wrong and this is just a temporary solution until they can get the real CDI going.

Notice the price too, they are going to sell both of these for only $200 after they have been saying $300 all along for the CDI. hmm, I really hope I am wrong, but my guess is this is nothing like the full blown CDI they were supposed to release.

Cause these are the guys who also sell a snorkle for over $60, so if this new box was anything like their real CDI they would not give a $100 discount for it. I also think it probably costs under $10 to build.

Also if the CDI is only weeks away, why release this partial fix? I thought the reason this CDI thing was taking so long was trying to get it sooo perfect, high quality. People on here have been waiting a year on this thing, a couple of more weeks to get it perfect would not have mattered much to most of us. Why not just release both modules at once, wired together already?

This does not make sense, unless they are totally scrapping the original CDI, and just copying the canadian guy. (he's not realeased his high end module either yet.) I bet about a week after his comes out, so will theirs.) They probably have one of his on order.

Somebody please tell me I am wrong......lol I really wanted a new CDI, but I am starting to think its not gonna happen. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I just got in from drinking so sorry if I sound like a smart - a&& I am just disappointed that its not living up to the hype.

Quick Reply: DG Holeshot P650 Module now