Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New KFX 700 thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New KFX 700 thoughts?

What i wonder is why CCTman is barking about the 700 when he drives a banshee which is definately not the kind of the dunes stock.

the baddest ride i've ever riden that was stock was a 1987 LT500R Quadzilla, then the honda 250R... but that thing was definately not a finesse machine, all it wanted to do is go fast!!!, no putting around on that one, or taking kids for a ride...

i love the fact that my new 700 rides smooth, has excellent power, i don't have to shift, has reverse, looks awesome and i don't have to soak tons of money into modifcations and repairs...
king of the dunes?? maybe not ; but it is the future... now, maybe if kawasaki comes out with a 900 V-Force.... we'd talk king of the dunes...

Old 05-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

msujon71 .... FYI there is no one quad that is king of the dunes in stock form. There are many that are close but there isn't one that flat out wipes them all. I however, IMO don't believe the kfx700 would even qualify as being a contender for "king of the dunes". I already listed the reasons above. I'm not saying that the kfx700 wouldn't be a good trail machine or woods just for fun. But for every kfx 700 rider out there that thinks that this is the bike for racing there are at least 10 other riders that would disagree with you.

By the way where did you ride a stock LT 500 and 250r? I think you may be stretching it a bit, there almost impossible to find completely stock. I haven't seen a stock LT 500 or 250r in about 15 years. If you find one that is completely stock and is still in good shape let me know because those things are worth a mint. I had a buddy that was trying to buy a stock all orginal 250r from Michigan about 3 years ago that the seller had put in the paper. When he finally got the cash to pick it up the next day it had already been sold. The saler said he had over 30 calls on the bike in less than a day. Who says automatic +500lb quads are the future? You? please!

As far as ATVs and racing goes auto trans will never catch on. Don't believe me, take a look at how serious the polaris's were taken. It wasn't until they made the Predator with MANUAL trans and light weight that people really started taking notice.

Old 05-16-2003, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cctman

As far as ATVs and racing goes auto trans will never catch on. Don't believe me, take a look at how serious the polaris's were taken. It wasn't until they made the Predator with MANUAL trans and light weight that people really started taking notice.

That had absolutely nothing to do with the auto trans and everything to do with the fact that the Scramblers have struts and floorboards and were never intended to do any kind of racing.

Old 05-16-2003, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

my bad .... it was due too

1. struts
2. floorboards
3. auto trans

I have seen numerous national events (crawfordsville comes to mind) where several times on the hill climbs and river crossings the Polaris's had alot of problems crossing obstacles because there was no way to get around popping a clutch to get the front wheels in the air at the last second to run over a bolder, log or shifting there weight before hitting the water. Everytime it had more to do with the auto trany than it did because of floor boards and/or struts.

Old 05-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Its quite obvious you've never been on a 700. The front end can easily be pulled up even at high speeds with just a little pull on the bars. From a dead stop its almost impossible to keep the front end down when you hit the throttle.
Adding a roller clutch to a Polaris will easily enable one to pull the front end up. You obviously don't know too much about how the autos work and how they can be tuned.

Old 05-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Whatever dude!

Your also probably one of those guys that would rather have a highly tuned auto trany corvette over a manual too aren't you....

Old 05-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

As a matter of fact I do.

Vette

I can remember when I was 15 and thought you just had to shift to be cool, but then maturity set in and I realized differently.

Old 05-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

kickass bike, rode it at the dealer a couple times, never got to take it home.....wish i wouldve now.

Old 05-16-2003, 09:06 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

cctman,

Ride one, and then come back and we will listen to your oppinions about what it can and can't do.

Hey, if it isn't your kind of ride, Great, no problem. But for you to come on here and say, the 700 can't do this and can't do that, when you haven't thrown a leg over one, then your oppinions are unfounded and meaningless. I'm not about to sit here and tell you what your Banshee will and won't do, because I have no personal knowledge. Get my point?

The CVT in the KFX700 is NOTHING like a Stock Polaris Auto. So to compare the two is flawed to say the least.

I will tell you that the 700 is a "good" Dune quad. Is it the "King of Dune Quads"? In my oppinion, No. To the next guy, maybe it is, to each his or her own.

Have Fun, Ride Safe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Rpm someone needed to break up there squabble. After all my unicyle is the best dune machine of all!! I will race anyone bring it on.LOL ha ha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New KFX 700 thoughts?